“You’ll Never Forget Me”

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't drink and drive, (In fact very rarely drink) but still very poignant. Sadly those that do drink and drive will be totally unaffected by it, and will just continue. Banning for approx a year is not long enough - perhaps banning from ever having a "vehicle" again might help?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, totally agree. Lifetime ban and ten years in jail for causing death through drunk driving.
I'm not being "holier than thou". I enjoy a moderate drink, in fact drove down to my local last night, had three very enjoyable pints in good company, but the pub car park is still quite full this morning.I'll collect my car this evening, as will two of my friends.
That ad, sadly as you say, will not strike home to the hardened criminals, though.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
I don't drink and drive, (In fact very rarely drink) but still very poignant. Sadly those that do drink and drive will be totally unaffected by it, and will just continue. Banning for approx a year is not long enough - perhaps banning from ever having a "vehicle" again might help?

Just like the unlicensed and uninsured drivers, as the chance of getting caught is small,I doubt if it would make any difference at all.

Steve W

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Having investigated accidents involving I have no sympathy for drink drivers who can cause needless death and destruction. The only one I had any sympathy for was a man who drove home the worse for drink after a night out with his wife. he pullled out of a side road when he should not have done and a car hit the passenger side. He was banned before his wife left intensive care and was totally devestated. A sad tale and a warning to those who drink and drive.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi to you all out there. Some years back Lancashire had a Christmas Drink Drive Campaign which was greeted with utter outrage.
It was posted on many of the Lighting Pillars throughout the county.
It depicted a coffin with a floral tribute on top and the wording "Don't let this be Your Christmas Box" DON'T DRINK and DRIVE.
In my view,they cannot possibly be hard hitting enough and the sooner that the senseless waste of money in printing,distributing and erecting & removing the posters is stopped,the better.
There should be ZERO TOLERANCE,absolutely no alcohol in the bloodstream of anyone that is on a Cycle or Motorcycle or Electric Assist cycle or in-charge of a vehicle of any kind whatsoever and that includes Electric Mobility Scooters and the like.
Until a law is passed and it is clearly ZERO ZERO ZERO there will always be the CHANCES.
If a ZERO TOLERANCE is introduced and anyone is caught in contravention of the law/act then the means of transport should be confiscated and CRUSHED,unless of course it is categorically proved that it was stolen.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i would like to see using a mobile phone treated the same as drink driving , i saw on of these cop programmes on tv and a truck driver was watching a film while driving

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
If I'm driving, I make a point of not drinking any alcohol at all. I don't find it a hardship and can still have a good time.
smiley-smile.gif
I also feel a great responsiblity for the safety of any passengers I have in the car. Imagine what it would be like to lose your licence and not be able to tow your caravan?
smiley-surprised.gif
Not worth it!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
A powerful message and I'd like to think that drink driving has become socially unacceptable nowadays. I've even seen pub landlords check that 'certain amongst their patrons' are not driving and I'd have no hesitation in dialling the police on my mobile phone if I saw an inebriated customer leaving the pub and heading for his (or her) car.
I go out normally once a week and we are lucky enough to have a regular bus service which passes my local. The taxi fare between my mate who lives up the road and myself to get back home is £2.50 each, just imagine how much the cost of motor insurance would rise after a drink drive conviction
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
TheTravellingRooster said:
Hi to you all out there. Some years back Lancashire had a Christmas Drink Drive Campaign which was greeted with utter outrage.
It was posted on many of the Lighting Pillars throughout the county.
It depicted a coffin with a floral tribute on top and the wording "Don't let this be Your Christmas Box" DON'T DRINK and DRIVE.
In my view,they cannot possibly be hard hitting enough and the sooner that the senseless waste of money in printing,distributing and erecting & removing the posters is stopped,the better.
There should be ZERO TOLERANCE,absolutely no alcohol in the bloodstream of anyone that is on a Cycle or Motorcycle or Electric Assist cycle or in-charge of a vehicle of any kind whatsoever and that includes Electric Mobility Scooters and the like.
Until a law is passed and it is clearly ZERO ZERO ZERO there will always be the CHANCES.
If a ZERO TOLERANCE is introduced and anyone is caught in contravention of the law/act then the means of transport should be confiscated and CRUSHED,unless of course it is categorically proved that it was stolen.

I will stand corrected, but I dont think that you can have zero alcohol in the bloodstream as fruit will ferment in the stomach
smiley-surprised.gif

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
this type of safety film always makes me wonder who the worst drink driver culprits are.
i have for years worked in and around pubs and clubs in liverpool, and in all my experience the worst by far was the police themselves.

One particular incident springs to mind when a dci with his team after finding and aresting a murderer came into a hospital social club i was working in to celebrate. at the end of the night he was that drunk he had crawled under the sinks in the toilet and couldnt figure out how to back up, after picking him up and showing him to the door he proceeded to stagger to his car and after reversing into a lampost drove off, when i tried to report it the responce i got from the opertor was they had tracked the reg to a police owned vehicle so no further action would be taken.

this is only one incident i could mention, no wonder they finnaly agreed to close allpolice clubs situated on police premises.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts