10kg gaslite to caravan regulator

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi, newbie van owner here. Just coming to the end of our first 6kg calor gas propane bottle and I've opted for a larger 10kg gaslite bottle (same weight as the 6kg calor gas). The new gaslite bottle takes a 27mm pushfit and I wanted help/confirmation on what is needed.

My understanding is that my caravan connection is a regulator and appears to take a 20mm screwed connection. I there think I need a 27mm pushfit connector (not regulator) and then a suitable hosepipe, one side with whatever the pushfit connector has and the other side with a 20mm to attach to caravan.

Any advice or confirmation before I order the pieces is much appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What is appropriate will depend on how old your caravan is. It reads as though you don't have a bulkhead fitted regulator, in which case your regulators probably fit directly to the bottle of gas. This also means you will need teh correct pressure of regulator to work with teh type of gas you are using.

If teh gas is sold as Propane, then you will need a regulator that provide 37mBar of pressure. It its Butane you will need a 28mBar regulator

If you do have a bulkhead regulator then it will be 30mBar for Butane or Propane, and all you need to get will be some new "pigtails" to connect teh bottle to the regulator.

Please don't forget that LPG's (Butane and Propane), are great gasses but they do need to be handled carefully and the equipment installed to meet the required standards. If you are not competent you should seek professional fitting.

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I should have said, I have a 2020 Coachman VIP with an onboard/fitted regulator in the left front storage. So today I have a rotary pigtail from the calor gas to the fixed regulator.

It is propane gas in the Gaslite/Flogas so should be fine to connect to regulator, just need a different type of connector due to change in connection on the gas bottle itself. Despite several google's I'm struggling to find a 27mm clip on adaptor to 20mm threaded connection .

Thanks for warning, I'm competent DIY'er and have used bottled gas in other ways (camping, bbq, brewing beer!) safely for a long time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts