Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi welcome to the forum. I’m not too clear on what the concern is as it’s unusual to have 240 volts supplies on a storage site. Could you please outline your query with some more details. On my van when in store with no 240 volts I can have the 12v system operating by pressing the 12v system switch on the power supply unit. That powers up the control panel over the door and let’s me power the pump, and water and lounge heaters. But normally when in storage I de power the 12 v anyway as the battery is taken home for trickle charging maintenance.

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
We don't 240 in our storage
My main question where is the location of the 12v switch as we have tried under seat on the power control system
We have never been shown how to activate this any information would be appreciated
We had a Swift alpine 4 2014 before and it was the same didn't know how to use the 12 volt system

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We don't 240 in our storage
My main question where is the location of the 12v switch as we have tried under seat on the power control system
We have never been shown how to activate this any information would be appreciated
We had a Swift alpine 4 2014 before and it was the same didn't know how to use the 12 volt system

Thanks for clarifying your original post. Very surprised that you have had a van fir six years and didn’t know how to use the 12 volt system. I’ve got a 2013 Sprite and the instructions are in the Owners Manual. On my PSU under the front seat as you look at it on the left is a black press switch. In powers the 12 v. Out depowers 12 volt. When towing my Owners Manual says the switch should be in as it sets up the electrics, and other items for road towing. Your 2020 owners manual should cover it.

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
Thanks we have have the manual will have a look we are relatively new at caravanning as we bought the van the day of the 1st lockdown and we only had our other van 3 years and never used the 12 volt system
So I think we may have an issue as when we push the isolator switch and nothing comes on
Thank you for your help

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks we have have the manual will have a look we are relatively new at caravanning as we bought the van the day of the 1st lockdown and we only had our other van 3 years and never used the 12 volt system
So I think we may have an issue as when we push the isolator switch and nothing comes on
Thank you for your help
Hi
Don't understand "you have never used the 12V system",some equipment needs 12V to operate.
1.Blown air fan
2,The fridge
What makes you think nothing happens ?
Maybe you've never tried them either.
If you have any 12 V lights switch them on (they shouldn't illuminate) then try the pushbutton,If they come on then the pushbutton( and the 12V) is working OK.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you hear a faint noise when you pusb the 12 volt switch in. Like a gentle whirring for a short while? I don’t know if the Command systems do that but mine does. If I don’t hear the faint noise I would suspect the battery is flat. How long has your battery been in the caravan without a charge, since first lockdown or did you use it over the summer? But left alone since summer it could still have gone flat. You can buy test meters for under £20 that would allow you to check battery no load volts.

Assuming your battery is okay then I would go back to first principles switch every thing off and try and restart the system in accordance with the handbook. Using its fault finding guide if required. There have been posts on the a forum about how to reset the Command panel if it malfunctions. A search will find them using keywords “ command panel” there are lots of hits.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Trickle charge at home volt meter says 12.4
It may or may not come as surprise but when we say a battery is 12V it rarely is at exactly 12V. For example a battery charger needs to produce about 13.8V to 14.5V to be able to charge the battery and when the charger is removed a good battery should settle to show a voltage of between 12.6 to 12.8V.

So your 12.4V when connected to even a trickle charger suggests the battery may not be in good condition.

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
We just took it out of the van and it was 12.4 put it on trickle charge just taken it off the do the check and bring it back to put back on trickle till we can use it
When we get out of lockdown whenever that may be, 😢

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
One other thing assuming your battery no load volts are okay after you install it back in the van you could power up the mover to confirm that the battery connections are good and providing sufficient volts/amps. If the connections or battery aren’t okay the mover will very rapidly cut out even before it’s moved the caravan.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
We have tried the button you referred to but nothing happens
Not sure if if it makes any difference that we have a swift command centre
Thanks
Have you checked if the battery fuse is intact if you reconnect battery the wrong way (+ve to negative and -ve to positive this will cause the fuse to blow(rupture).
The battery fuse is an "in line" fuse usually in the +ve wire close to the battery

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
We have had someone look at it
It seems that there is no 12v coming into the van
So it will have to go back to the dealership when they open
Thanks so much for the the advise

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have had someone look at it
It seems that there is no 12v coming into the van
So it will have to go back to the dealership when they open
Thanks so much for the the advise

Hope you can get it sorted when you are able to get to the dealers. Be nice to receive feedback on what the problem is. Good touring 2021++

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi
Don't understand "you have never used the 12V system",some equipment needs 12V to operate.
1.Blown air fan
2,The fridge
What makes you think nothing happens ?
Maybe you've never tried them either.
If you have any 12 V lights switch them on (they shouldn't illuminate) then try the pushbutton,If they come on then the pushbutton( and the 12V) is working OK.

I would dispute that. Some fridges (e.g those with a LCD) do need 12V but many others don't. Our Dometic tall fridge only uses 12V for the light - and even that is supplied internally if running off mains.
The blown air fan should still be behind the master switch.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sheila,
I too assume you have the handbook but here is a screen dump of the pages Clive referred to earlier. I have not copied the photo of the master control panel.

8.2.5 Control Panel - Component Layout (see image below)
Your control panel will have an appearance as below, but depending on your specification of the vehicle the control panel features will vary. Not all features are present in all vehicles.
8.2.6 Control Panel - Key Features
Fig 2
'Swift' Power Button. Press the ‘Swift’ power button to turn the leisure power on, the panel will beep twice and show the Swift start-up logo. The control panel screen will illuminate when the power is on, but the screen
will go to sleep after a pre-determined time. Pressing the power button or touching the screen while the screen is asleep will wake the screen without turning the power on or off. To turn the power off press and hold the power button to turn the power off, the panel will beep once.

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
Thanks we have tried all but nothing happens when we press it
As it is brand new last year and only used it 3 times due to Sheilding and lock down, we have to take it back for repair to a leaking window we will tell them and I will let you all know the outcome as there is no 12v coming into the van

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As it is brand new last year and only used it 3 times due to Sheilding and lock down

I wish you had said that the van is brand new right at the start of this !
As it is new, you must NOT do anything or have anyone else do anything but leave it to the dealer to sort out or you run the risk of invalidating the warranty !!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts