12s electrics& 13 pole

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I live in germany( UK forces).Are 12S electrics the same as the german 13 pole system. I have a german spec Burstner these come without leisure battery systems and just a 13 pin plug. All power for the caravan inside and out when mobile, comes off the vehicle battery(the germans dont do twin electrics).I have yet to wire up and fit a towbar for my Kia sorento if its the same as a UK 12S system I dont think I will have a problem. Getting a UK system sent through the post is a bit expensive and the tow bars are cheaper here any way.

Hi Ian

I suggest you sort out your van while you are still in Germany .

Keep the standard European connector . You can change that if you want when you get over here, but its a great theft deterrent. 12s refers to caravan services power . 12n is the other socket for the caravan vehicle rear /brake lights etc. The European 13 pin does both in one .But of course the inside of your caravan has to have the corresponding wiring loom .If you are going to run with a battery over here like most of the rest of the Brits you can call Oliver Rodehuth in Munster,+49(0)2534 977700. He has a full range of caravan electrical control gear specifically for German vans and you will find him very interested and helpful. Get it fitted there or wish you had later. Good luck and please let me know if you take the advice

freebayatmsn

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Re 13 pin plugs.

A couple of years ago I had a Volvo V70, which was fitted with a 13 pin plug system. I found the connections to be unreliable so I changed mine to 12N 12S arrangements I had no trouble after that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

I suggest you sort out your van while you are still in Germany .

Keep the standard European connector . You can change that if you want when you get over here, but its a great theft deterrent. 12s refers to caravan services power . 12n is the other socket for the caravan vehicle rear /brake lights etc. The European 13 pin does both in one .But of course the inside of your caravan has to have the corresponding wiring loom .If you are going to run with a battery over here like most of the rest of the Brits you can call Oliver Rodehuth in Munster,+49(0)2534 977700. He has a full range of caravan electrical control gear specifically for German vans and you will find him very interested and helpful. Get it fitted there or wish you had later. Good luck and please let me know if you take the advice

freebayatmsn
Thanks for the advice we are going to stay with the euro version . Caravan theft here in Germany is very minimal as they are all registered like cars, unlike the UK. So if its a theft deterent in the UK we will stay with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts