12v wiring question

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi folks,

I hope you can help. I recently bought some of these to connect up to my 12v AGM leisure battery. I have not seen them yet but assuming comes with loose wires at the end. Simple question I know but what do I use to connect to the other two strands of loose wire. Some sort of connection box I guess. Be good to know as I want to feel comfotable I have wired it all up safely.

Thanks. Lee

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would remove the old cables and connect the ends of the new ones into the terminals used by the old cables. Otherwise putting another in line connector into each cable is a potential source of a future problem should it come loose or corrode.

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
I would remove the old cables and connect the ends of the new ones into the terminals used by the old cables. Otherwise putting another in line connector into each cable is a potential source of a future problem should it come loose or corrode.
I never thought of that. Will see where old wires lead to and try and connect to the terminal. It's a bit of an old van and I think someones had a fiddle. Fingers crossed. Thanks

Mar 28, 2021
Visit site
Fuse box?
Are you replacing or installing new?

I had a guy look at the electrics and he could not locate the 12v fuse box. There is a 240v fuse box nearby but i'm not touching that. that was checked and deemed working safely. I literally wanted to get the new battery connectors working as a guy recommened snap on battery clips and installing a 12v inline fuse on the wiring. Thanks

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts