13 pin plug wiring

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered before.

Here are a few differences i have encountered in the wire colours and positions i have come across compared to the published ones.

(wickersham manual and city and guilds handbook)

1-7 are all ok but

Pin 8 (reverselights) Wickersham has this as pink, C&G has it as orange but i found it to be grey on a 2007 Tabbert.

Pin 9 (perm live)Wickersham has this as orange, but both c&g and Tabbert have it as blue/brown.

Pin 10 (ign controlled/ fridge)Wickersham has this as Grey but c&g and Tabbert have it as brown/red.

Pin 11 (return for 10) Wickersham has it white/black.c&g have it white/blue and the Tabbert had it white /red.

Pin 12 they all agree it is spare

Pin 13 (earth return for 9)wickersham hes it white/red, c&g have it white/green and Tabbert have it white/black

Now pin 11-13 shouldnt really matter as long as it is a white/trace as both are returns at 2.5mm.

But i have found with 8-10 if there is pink /orange/grey wires in the cable then the Wickersham manual diagram is ok.

If there is an orange and brown/trace then C&g is fine.

If there is grey and brown/trace you have the the final version.

All very confusing especially if your converting from 12s to 13 pin

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I had a look at sprokets diagram which does appear to be ISO standard which pin 8-10 agrees with wickersham ( or other way about) but does not agree with City and Guilds book or the wiring i have found on a Tabbert which had grey as reverse lights and two brown/trace wires in 9+10.

I have now wired up three 13 pin plugs to two different wiring set-ups and they have all worked fine. Beware!!!!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Dougie

The link i posted is from sargentltd.co.uk

There information page is a good view as to what they do.

"" We can provide a full design and manufacturing service for the majority of wired electrical products to the latest electrical standards, including BS7671, EN1648, BS EN 8092 and 89/336/EEC etc.

We operate a 3rd party assessed Quality system in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 to the following scope: ""

The link is just a guide.

Link sargent

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
What a cracking link,it does appear that sargent use the ISO system.

I wonder what C&g,Tabbert and possibly others are using. It still means there are a number of permutations in use so caution is still advised

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts