1995 lunar Clubman water supply

Apr 4, 2022
Visit site
Hi there , has anybody taken out the rollaway and fittings and installed a mains water supply system in their van please ..... if so I would love to hear how it was done and did you make use of the pressure reducer already installed in van
Thanks

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The usual ways are - use a flexible hose from the site tap, with a pressure reducer incorporated and plug it in instead of the external submersible pump - or use a flexible hose to the water barrel which is modified to incorporate a float valve to maintain the water level and use the external submersible pump as normal.

UK caravans don't normally have a pressure reducer on board - are you sure you're not confusing it with the pressure switch to operate the submersible pump, or the surge damper?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I am not aware of a pressure reducer for mains water inside the caravan. It is normally on the mains water hose that supplies the caravan so is reduced before it enters the caravan.
There is no need to modify the caravan at all as the mains water enters at the same water inlet.

Apr 4, 2022
Visit site
The usual ways are - use a flexible hose from the site tap, with a pressure reducer incorporated and plug it in instead of the external submersible pump - or use a flexible hose to the water barrel which is modified to incorporate a float valve to maintain the water level and use the external submersible pump as normal.

UK caravans don't normally have a pressure reducer on board - are you sure you're not confusing it with the pressure switch to operate the submersible pump, or the surge damper?
Hi There ,
Barrel only has one inlet so unable to fit float , I could always buy a new barrel I spose , after inspection this morning I see that the flaps that hold the outdoor water plug in pull out too far so it keeps leaking , put new same size O ring in .....no change . Is there a factory pressure reducer that plugs into the submersible fitting on outside of van ?? this is the setup under seat , thought is was a pressure reducer with the adjustable screw top . Does anybody have the plumbing diagram for our van please . just does not look right
Brownie

Attachments

• 20220405_102839.jpg
    20220405_102839.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220405_103256.jpg
    20220405_103256.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 8
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi There ,
Barrel only has one inlet so unable to fit float , I could always buy a new barrel I spose , after inspection this morning I see that the flaps that hold the outdoor water plug in pull out too far so it keeps leaking , put new same size O ring in .....no change . Is there a factory pressure reducer that plugs into the submersible fitting on outside of van ?? this is the setup under seat , thought is was a pressure reducer with the adjustable screw top . Does anybody have the plumbing diagram for our van please . just does not look right
Brownie
Why not buy the water mains hose with the pressure reducer fitted as probably the same cost as buying a barrel? We have not used the barrel float for over 10 years as antiquated. We have the mains water direct into the caravan.

Reactions: Brownie
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi There ,
Brownie
That's a pressure switch, not a pressure reducer

Apr 4, 2022
Visit site
Why not buy the water mains hose with the pressure reducer fitted as probably the same cost as buying a barrel? We have not used the barrel float for over 10 years as antiquated. We have the mains water direct into the caravan.
Thanks , yes thats the way we are going to go I think .... Change it to truma fittings etc
Thanks

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Unless your making your caravan as original. Modifiying it to new fittings are a good idea, remember though not all pitches have a water supply so you might need a water barrel and float if your going that way. Otherwise it is fill and drag.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts