1p at last

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
i`m over the moon with joy now i`ve saved 1p a liter now i can drive to timbuck too and back without worrying about it.come on please give us motorists a break for once mr chancellor,

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Pathetic, he talks as if hes done the country a huge favour and the way things are going in the middle east,it will have gone up another 5p by the end of April.Also people have been reading the small print and every one will be between 125 and 400 pounds a year worse off.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The chancellor has already recovered the measly 1p because of previous increases and vat rises. The 'concession' will be wiped out by more price rises before the end of this month anyway.
You forgot to say that everyone except MP's will be between £125 - £400 a year worse off, those expense fiddling liars are never worse of no matter what happens.

May 12, 2011
Visit site
But credit where credit is due, MPs were offered a 1% rise by the body that recommends their pay but (to my amazement) they have turned it down and voted for a pay freeze.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
since they are ( alledgedly) expense fiddling liars why not stand for election as an independant ? and become an honest and open MP instead of complaining about them.

Dont twitter your commmoent as some MP's may consider that to be a Twible and sue you.

If you went to Eton, Oxford, Cambridge or studied law you should stand a good chance.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Philspadders said:
since they are ( alledgedly) expense fiddling liars why not stand for election as an independant ? and become an honest and open MP instead of complaining about them.

Dont twitter your commmoent as some MP's may consider that to be a Twible and sue you.

If you went to Eton, Oxford, Cambridge or studied law you should stand a good chance.
I stand no chance of becoming an MP and although I'd like to think that some of them at least started out as honest and open, recent events which have led to prison sentences for one or two sacrificial lambs and have allowed the majority of other embezzlers to escape legal action would appear to reinforce my view that power corrupts or has the potential to do so.
I don't do twittering or tweeting, as far as I'm concerned that's for the birds but if any MP's want to sue me because of my opinions they are more than welcome to try.
I have to say that even if they won they wouldn't benefit financially from such a victory, successive chancellors have helped to see to that!
Three close relatives of mine have been local councillors, 1 Conservative, 1 Labour and 1 Independent (when Independent councillors were a fairly normal part of local politics) but I don't think that they gained much financially because huge expense allowances were not the accepted norm in those days.
I haven't studied law but I've been to Eton, Oxford and Cambridge within the past ten years but as a caravanning sightseer rather than through any academic prowess.
At least I can complain without costing myself money, it's one of the few avenues left open to me as a well established Grumpy Old Man

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Every little helps I suppose.
Typical isn't it. I filled up this morning on my way to work expecting the usual 5p litre increase in duty and was somewhat surprised at an actual reduction, no matter how small. I could have saved myself a wopping 54 pence if I had waited!!!
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well someone in government must read this forum.
Many months ago I complained about the government funding to different police associations like The Muslim Police Officers Association, The Gay Police Officers Associaton, The Black Police Officers Association, The Christian Police Officers Association, even transexuals
smiley-surprised.gif
smiley-embarassed.gif
etc. etc.
These clubs were costing the taxpayer hundreds of thousands of pounds a year in funding thanks to Labour. Now the government is stopping the funding from April 1st, All Fools Day. I don't know who was the biggest fools, the taxpayers or the association members who thought it could go on as it was.
Not before time it's ending and hopefully another bit of political correctness has gone out of the window.
Already some officers are moaning but at least we will now have police who should be doing the job they are employed to do, upholding law and order instead of scoring points on ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation. The police have been infiltrated by different pressure groups who are only interested in pushing their own agenda. Now is the time to get rid of them and employ people who want to do the job it's intended for.
You can buy quite a few truncheons with the hundreds of thousands they will save instead of wasting it on them
smiley-smile.gif

Apparently the ordinary bobbies on the beat are over the moon.

Rock on Tommy, things can only get better
smiley-laughing.gif

I think
smiley-undecided.gif

It can can't it
smiley-embarassed.gif

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
The chancellor has already recovered the measly 1p because of previous increases and vat rises. The 'concession' will be wiped out by more price rises before the end of this month anyway.
You forgot to say that everyone except MP's will be between £125 - £400 a year worse off, those expense fiddling liars are never worse of no matter what happens.
Yes your right Parksy.I just take that as read since theyre always exempt of anything that makes them worse off.Incidentally,there was a debate in the commons recently were they agreed to forego a 1 percent pay rise.Didnt go down well with the 'members'

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What most people never noticed was that a lot of garages put 1p on fuel at the start of the day so that when they took the 1p off there was no difference
smiley-yell.gif

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Forget the 1p they cut on fuel
What now i find anoying is they want to supply arms to Libiya we are all experiancing cut backs people are losing jobs to save money so they say and now they want to give weapons away.
One we cannot afford it and two we know what happens then like afghanistan the americans gave them billions of dollars worth of weapons to fight against Russia and it is now those same weapons that are killing Bristish soldiers.
Better they dont send the weapons to Libiya and reduce our petrol by another 2p

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Wowee.
It would look a lot better if they cut back like everyone else in the country has got. Perhaps they could cut back (20%) on their expenses, or even better cut back on the number of MPs again 20%. the country would save millions.
If as they say we are in so much debt how are we going to pay the 30 billion pounds for the new HSP rail link.

Les

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Your UK fuel price is a rip off.
It's about time you people had a revolution against your fuel taxes. Nearly two years ago when we arrived we thought around a £1 a litre was a robbing crims price. £1.40 for diesel should be punishable by pain then death
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts