2016 - Bailey Pegasus Verona

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
So here it is our last night of two in our new Pegasus Verona. It is our first ever caravan and first ever trip away so I'll do my best to give this a fair and unbiased review.
Lets get the two things thst have annoyed us (wife and I) the most. Firstly the fridge door shelves (dometic fridge) two of the four cracked or broke in transit with little or no content to them, infact just fitting them to the door is an uncomfortable exercise in itself. Our dealer is acting on it while we are away. Being a mechanical engineer for 25 years to me there is a clear design fault with the fitment of the shelves to the door inner casing. Enough on that now, theres many a thread already.
Second and only other issue is the front seating (the dream sleep system) the top part of both seats slips forward by just sitting on them. Its only a few inches but it blocks access to the front two drawers. To be fair, we have fidgety 6 and 9 year olds so they got well and truely tested, again our dealer has been made aware of this issue of which Bailey are now also aware. Will anything happen? Who knows. But that aside we all slept like logs, a good nights sleep and comfy with it too.
So on to the good stuff, heating and hot water system. Its been a cold weekend away, frosty both mornings. In a word, brilliant. Always warm insde during our stay and plenty of hot water. We had it set to Mix2 on the power setting which is gas and all the electric we could get. All four of us got showered both mornings with no problems. Sure they are not going to be the long power showers we have at home, but lets be fair we all got a hot shower. The fridge (with exception of the door shelves) was really good, it performed equally as our home fridge freezer, just smaller. The cooker, just the hob done its job very well. Didnt test the oven as doing a full roast on our first trip would have been a bit excessive. The water system generally done very well, enough pressure from both hot and cold supplys. Roof vents, did very well when it got too hot or we just needed some fresh morning air. Blinds on the windows, door and roof vents did an amazing job of blocking out the light. As we are first time vanners, we added the alko wheel lock and ATC. The wheel lock seems very solid and does its job well, the ATC, well who knows if it had to jump into action. All i can say is that it seemed very stable on the back of my BMW 318d auto, no dramas at all. All other fittings both internal and external did their jobs well. We also added a powertouch classic mover, mainly for moving it in and out of the storage bay next to our house but it made light work of fine tuning the position at the CC site and helped with the leveling, worth every penny. The lighting inside was very good too, plenty when you needed it but also just a little bit when the kids are nodding off so we can sit and read. Storage, lashings of it. Ok it was only 2 nights away and only took the porch awning, but we had alot of empty space and except for a couple of the kids scooters the boot was empty in the car too and the caravan floor was clear. Still took more clothes than we needed, but better to be safe than sorry with the british weather. Mrs H also wanted the Bailey bedding set, which is ridiculously priced but i have to say its made from good materials and has a quality feel to it and obvioulsy complements the rest of the furnishings and at no point did we feel uncomfortable. Plenty of sockets too, enough for the tv, hairdrier, outside grill, sandwich toaster and all the kids electicery, but of coarse we were blessed with CC 16amp supply.
So, all in all the new investment did well on its first outing, and it stood up for itself against two "heavy handed at times" kids.
Just a couple of small issues to resolve, but i have to say "Well done Bailey"

Many thanks
The Huxford Family

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are generally happy with the caravan, nice to see someone not having a rant.
Our last caravan had the problem Dometic fridge shelves, not a Bailey error, and you will find it in most makes although our Lunar has a better design of shelf but not sure if this is only on some models.
I am afraid the sliding seats hit us as well. For us the problem is they move enough stop the cabinet drawers opening fully.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Very interesting and helpful reading thanks !
We are also first time caravanners and collect our new Bailey Unicorn in a couple of weeks.
We are staying on the dealers rally field for the first couple of nights to test it out so its good to know the shower and heating do a good job at this time of year - I was worrying about being too cold and wondering whether to pack thermals !

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So glad you enjoyed your first time away, it's such an adventure! Regarding the slippy cushions, try putting thin latex anti slip materieal underneath them to see if that helps. As for the fridge, I removed the door attachments except for the chhese hopper at the top and the bottle shelf at the bottom. It gave me more fridge space and made it easier to fill. Our van is a 2004 Avondale Dart 6 berth.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Raywood said:
I am afraid the sliding seats hit us as well. For us the problem is they move enough stop the cabinet drawers opening fully.

Always wondered why our van had some strips of velcro stapled to the seat slats, over winter i replaced them with some new beech one's and then had the sliding seat / mattress problem so i put one of the original slats back in with the strip of velcro and the sliding stopped ...... ;)

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Great to hear you are happy with your purchace..We changed our Pegasus last year to a Unicorn 3 and we are very happy with the caravan.We had the same problem with the fridge but was sent replacements through the post.Bailey are not the best on warranty replacements parts but if you find a good service agent that is on your side things get done

Bailey Unicorn Seville & Volvo xc 60 R-design

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Dream sleep front seat cushions UPDATE.

Our front seat cushions were requested back to the manufacturer. They admit that there was an issue with the earlier production batches and made a simple modification by stitching in a healthy amount of velcro to the mating faces of the cushions.

Huge improvement, next to no slippage. Overall it took 10 working days to fix them with free collection and delivery.

Dont just put up with it, get it fixed.

Mark

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Hello all.Ordered a new Verona at the end of march after trying the seats in a new demonstrator and finding them much improved over the earlier models. I was assured that my caravan would be built to order. On collection we noticed that the seats were very uncomfortable and unsupportive. After putting in a complaint to the dealership it has transpired that the caravan was built 2 weeks before I even ordered it hence the early sub standard seating.
I am quite disappointed about this but they assure me that this is still a brand new van and not an ex demonstrator. I am hoping they will replace the seats with the latest version as well as fixing our list of snags. I'll keep you posted. On a positive note I love the look of the van and the way it is constructed. The tower fridge is probably better than the one at home. I love the vertical skylight. The handling is very good even without ATC. I have never slept as well in any caravan we have ever owned.
Been loving the caravan life for 11 years now

Jun 11, 2016
Visit site
Me again
Forgot to mention some good points. Love the look and feel of the construction and found the handling very good even without ATC. The tower fridge is probably a bit better than the one in my house.
I have never slept as well in any other caravan that we've owned. Love the vertical skylight. Just wanted you to know I'm not all doom and gloom. Been loving the caravan life for 11years now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts