2016 Bailey Pursuit 430-4 review

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Really good to see a considerably more affordable van getting a full review :cheer:

I do think however, that considering the positivity of the review, the kit levels and price it deserves a good four stars rather than a three :( doesn't really add up.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
This is pretty much the van that we have got but only ours is a 5 Berth with three bunks for the kids we got this as a starter van and cheap enough - although as I have said before we did go looking for a second call for me but I would recommend it for anyone starting off with kids , the layout of this one is pretty much the same as what we have got.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It looks an excellent starter van or for those who want new and it fits their budget.
The problem with that layout is that the wardrobe space can be badly compromised and by the look of the photograph it is the case here. We have the same problem with our Quasar in that there is not sufficient room alongside the bed to get in the width needed and the space inside narrows towards the back. Ours is not wide enough to get a hanger in at right angles to the rail and that looks the same. You can still manage but you only find it out when you use it .

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm the proud owner of a Pursuit 430-4 and I really couldn't be more pleased with my caravan. Like a previous post I think that the 3 stars awarded is low given the pros and cons identified. Yes, I did miss having a towel rail in the bathroom but that was easily achieved using a long towel rail with suction pads at each end. By fitting it to the left of the toilet it fits cleanly just below the shelf and the towels sit just above the bathroom air duct - result is dry, fresh warm towels. The cost of the rail from Aldi was £6.99 and the walls of the Pursuit work perfectly with the suction pads. I'm looking forward to many years of caravanning in my Pursuit.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
As I said before we have the similar lay out in our van to what this van has, the wardrobe space is ample for a family of 4 , the coat hangers hang no problem with clothes on. there is plenty of storage space under the seats and if you pack everything right there's loads of space we have done France a few times and I have always takin to much !!

Jan 13, 2006
Visit site
The review mentions 5 mains power points. I have just purchased a 2014 Pursuit 430/4, which I am extremely happy with, but mine only has 3 mains points, two in the kitchen area and one for the television. Can anyone tell me where the others are located so that I can have them fitted.
We need one near the rear so that my wife can use a hairdryer in front of the mirror. Obviously not in the bathroom.
Thanks
Malcolm

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We did look at the Pursuit at a show earlier this year and I was impressed at the quality of the fittings in a caravan this price.
I doubt it is really practical as a four berth given its size. The big problem I think will be the wardrobe which like our Quasar is squeezed in beside the bed and will not be wide enough. The coat hangers then have to be angled inside to fit in meaning the space is badly restricted.
Without a front locker I do wonder about storage for your bits of kit though.
If this is near the limit for your car though it looks a good buy, but if funds and the car allow the bigger model would be a better bet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts