2017 Bailey Pursuit 570-6 review

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Bailey if you're keeping your eyes peeled can we have the Turin layout back. :cheer: Especially if you're going to do a fully laden GT65 equivalent for your 70th birthday! :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
This looks a good workable layout for families with the centre toilet meaning you do not disturb the little ones when you use it. The door ahead of the kitchen is a good idea, as you rather than the children are next to it, so they are less likely to escape without you noticing when you are in bed. Only Adria also use this position which it is a good one for the security of the children, the other makes place the door at the rear ahead of the childrens beds where they might sneak out without you noticing.
The downsides though are the lack of a curtain which might be a deal breaker as it is not easy to see how you put one in, and without it those in the back could easily be disturbed and may find it difficult to get to sleep. The badly laid out kitchen could be a problem due to it being transposed from the other side without modification and the flap across the door which might be regarded as unsafe by some. The wardrobe is also very small for six but there is plenty of other storage so you should manage.
Our impression though of the range was it looked cheap inside although that is a personal opinion and others may not agree. I also feel without any front hatch those bits of gear you do not want in the caravan might be a problem.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Hello Ray,
Luckily for pursuit owners, Bailey have seen fit to keep the side front lockers. Assuming they are the same as our GT65 it's basically a front locker split in two with side access. These side lockers hold everything we have had in our old front lockers except obviously the gas.

The gas is much better at the side both from a weight point of view and general access.

Of course for anyone buying a new Pegasus or Unicorn there is no side access at all so you have to put everything in the front bed boxes. A definite deal breaker for me. I don't want to put toolboxes, damp pegs, water Jerries and toilet chemicals under the bed let alone levelling ramps, hook up leads and leg blocks that you want to access as soon as you arrive on site and the last things that go away when you pack up.
It's made even worse by the fact that the new Pegasus doesn't even have drop down flaps to the bed boxes so you have to lift the beds up each time.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Martin. I was not sure that the side lockers were big enough for me and would be far more difficult to organise for easy access that a front hatch. I am pretty sure my cable reel would not go in although that might not be fatal to us buying one.
We had an Avondale last and that had the side access to the gas. It was no problem in use although if it made any difference to the towing stability I would not know, I never noticed any.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
As much as Bailey say it's a safety measure I'm also aware of the initial nose weight issues on the original Alu-Tech vans. :whistle:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
My understanding of why no UK manufacturers do the triple bunk option anymore is that the majority of feedback regarding the use of them was negative. Children not liking being on the floor. The general cramped conditions of three in a heap.
Personally speaking our three never liked the look of them and as they got a bit older, from 10 onwards didn't like sleeping in bunk beds at all. This is why we changed to the layout we now have and they all have their own single beds at night.

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Martin24 said:
My understanding of why no UK manufacturers do the triple bunk option anymore is that the majority of feedback regarding the use of them was negative. Children not liking being on the floor. The general cramped conditions of three in a heap.
Personally speaking our three never liked the look of them and as they got a bit older, from 10 onwards didn't like sleeping in bunk beds at all. This is why we changed to the layout we now have and they all have their own single beds at night.

My kids love it, but thy are younger, 10,8,4 and nearly 1. the make up bed is currently used by the baby.

I can see a problem when they do get into mid teens, which will be likely the time when we look at an upgrade, n doubt there will be new designs out by then, but the beds in new pursuit do look bigger tbf.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
It's the sitting up in bed to read and the general access issues that ours didn't like. Bailey have of course dropped our layout in the Turin for the time being too. Therefore we're stumped as well. The only alternative then is the Swift range. :(

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Martin24 said:
It's the sitting up in bed to read and the general access issues that ours didn't like. Bailey have of course dropped our layout in the Turin for the time being too. Therefore we're stumped as well. The only alternative then is the Swift range. :(

Yours does look like a very smart van when iv passed (driving through to Hull) but i have never seen the interior layout, but i have always been put off buying twin axle tourers.

I did look at other makes before going for my current bailey, but they just did not seem as good build quality as teh baileys did imo.

TRENDING THREADS