2017 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera review

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
A question. On these central washroom layouts there are 3 doors to the washroom. One on the kitchen/lounge side and 2 on the bedroom side, one each side of the bed. Now if you had adult or teenagers sleeping in the longe end and they go to the loo in the night I presume they lock all 3 doors. If they then go back to bed, FORGETTING to unlock the 2 doors on the bedroom side, are you locked in the bedroom?

BTW the rear bed on this Bailey is really short, good job there is a padded headboard to cushion the blow to the skull as you lie down.
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
A question. On these central washroom layouts there are 3 doors to the washroom. One on the kitchen/lounge side and 2 on the bedroom side, one each side of the bed. Now if you had adult or teenagers sleeping in the longe end and they go to the loo in the night I presume they lock all 3 doors. If they then go back to bed, FORGETTING to unlock the 2 doors on the bedroom side, are you locked in the bedroom?

BTW the rear bed on this Bailey is really short, good job there is a padded headboard to cushion the blow to the skull as you lie down.
Mel

Mel looked at the Sprite EB with the same layout at the weekend, I'm not tall but agree with you about the length of the bed. Also too compact and you have to side step the loo to get to the one side. not for us.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not for us either, bed too short, electric hook up through awning, no front locker so can't even consider a Bailey, shame as the Senator we had was our best van,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
does anyone realy close the doors, last time out with four adults and three dogs , side bed at the back, freinds had to walk past us, to get to the loo. sorry all to tired with the booze, just glad we left the kitchen roof vent open . Happy times though. Caravanners are mostly always friends.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
My mummy refuses to come in the caravan incase my ickle botty is sticking out when she goes by to the toilet in the night. I did offer her the adaption to go on one of my bottles.

The layout isn't for us as it's not really friendly for getting a transfer chair down to the bed. I had hoped they were going to do the layout of the new Compass that looks more of a possibility for us. Certainly we'd need to look at the twin axle layout as need two singles at the front.

Everyone I've spoken to says the lack of the front lockers hasn't been a problem but I'm still not convinced and wouldn't want everything I have in our Pegasus side lockers loose under the bed.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I think fridge vents and hookup inlet on awning side are a no no, only had one van with fridge vents in the awning and dripping condensate was a real nuisance in the mornings, therefore never even look at those models!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
To me it looks thoughtlessly designed. The front lounge seems small, the bed is too short, the table is in the silliest place imaginable and for those with an awning the hook up is on the wrong side. Afraid it looks like Bailey realised they were missing out not having a centre washroom model and rushed this out. Even at 5'6'' I think we would think twice before buying that bed.
We have had two caravans with the fridge vents on the awning side and never had any problem with condensation though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts