2018 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera review

May 7, 2012
Visit site
did see as the SECC and it does look a lot better thanks to the new front end. For us the end bedroom might be a bit claustrophobic, and not sure if the bed is long enough but the caravan is better than before.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I like the externally positioned jockey wheel. So much easier if you need to remove it for any reason. Plus the A frame fairing being small and should be less fragile too.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
otherclive's comment on the relatively easily removable jockey wheel is something I concur with.

It takes so little time to un-clamp re-clamp that it makes any concerns on fouling ramps etc. redundant; remove and re-fit is has become my routine.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I am in total agreement with the jockey wheel comments and probably with the majority in that I think the external looks are generally better, at the front anyway, personally not keen on the side graphics. That's about where my praise ends. I do not like all the white on the lockers throughout the van. I do not accept that my mucky and damp bits and bobs should just go under a bed, even if others are happy with this arrangement. We would very much miss our front shelf in the drawing room. People are still finding issues with their leaking roof joints, a major step back in the principle of Alu-Tech construction. Whether a van has suffered with this or not, a join is never going to be as satisfactory as no join as with the earlier Alu-Tech models. Does the curve at the back really make that much difference to fuel consumption? My final comments for now though are about the review in general. We have read review after review about the lack of positive catches on Bailey and Coachman caravans. Now we have the individual push locks under fire. These can be kept open when on site. Some people are never happy when writing reviews. I have had both of the aforementioned marques without positive catches and have never had anything fall out of a cupboard whilst on the move.

Here endeth the lesson according to me. :whistle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday, We went up to White arches in Northamptonshire to have a look around new Baileys , Swift and Airstreams. We have a 2013 Coachman560 ViP that has a side bed, we realy like this layout, we previously had a 545 back bed and found the shower kept getting the duvet wet due to being to close. Ok move the duvet.
Looking at the new layouts , We just don't like them a side bed , where you have to take 18 inches of matress away every morning to get past to get to the loo. NOT for us. Are we the only folk who dont like the latest styles. And as for the Airstreams, why anyone would pay the money they are asking for a badly rivetted Caravan. The internal rivets are "pop rivets " not even avdels. Rubbish . IMO.
Sticking with my older Coachman 560.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts