2018 Cartagena Dometic fridge/freezer

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
I had to replace the leisure battery in my caravan last September, immediately we had a problem with the fridge it kept bleeping continuously switching on and off then staying on for a short while and going off and on again for the duration of the stay, anyway we arrived home connected up in the back garden everything seems fine left it running for a week no issue at all, i put it into storage mode drain water, etc.etc. Switched fridge off fixed the doors so that they would not lock and air could circulate set the smart plug up so that it applied power once a week on cheap rate electricity every thing working fine until today,
I am now unable to switch the fridge/freezer off without removing a fuse,
I went the caravan this morning to be greeted by bleeping strange I thought no power switched on yet the Dometic was bleeping away, I immediately pressed the on/off switch and it gave the impression of being off for a couple of seconds the came back on again and bleeping, I then pressed continuously on the on/off switch again it went off for a short while before firing back into life and bleeping again I try this several times to no avail, I eventually found a fuse that killed the power to the fridge/freezer,
So I am perplexed as to where and what I do next

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Does it beep when connected to mains as it si common if the voltage is lower than 220V. The fridge cannot work on 12v only.

TRENDING THREADS