3 Countries point near Aachen

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Help all please.

We are considering a detour via the 3 countries point in Aachen. Don’t want to head up there towing the van if I can’t park or am likely to get stuck.

Does anyone have any experience of this so I know if I’m likely to get stuck?

Thanks in advance and hopefully fast as we travel from Holland to Luxembourg via there tomorrow!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
Help all please.

We are considering a detour via the 3 countries point in Aachen. Don’t want to head up there towing the van if I can’t park or am likely to get stuck.

Does anyone have any experience of this so I know if I’m likely to get stuck?

Thanks in advance and hopefully fast as we travel from Holland to Luxembourg via there tomorrow!!

We were going there last summer but had to cancel the holiday at very short notice. But the advice was to find a local site nearby.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Okay, thanks for that. Looks like we might have to give it a miss then because we are only passing through on our way to Luxembourg.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We were going for our main stay in Luxembourg in Larochette Camping Auf Kengert. It is nice base for visiting two places we particularly wanted to see, Bastogne and Trier. Then the second half of the trip was to be further south in the Vosges.
So it’s staycation this year and if the dogs and us hold out until 2020 the 2018 holiday plans will be resurrected.

Enjoy your trip.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ste you must have being doing more travelling than pitching on sites. I hope your enjoing your travels though.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
We arrived here in Holland on Monday morning and we leave tomorrow (Sunday) to run as far as Lux and then just dropping the van overnight before doing the long stint to Interlaken inSwitzerland on Monday.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
That’s where we are staying tomorrow night, but just for the night. Not to worry about the 3 countries thing

Thanks be interested in your findings. We selected it from ccc brochure and reviews. Cheers

May 29, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
Ste6t9 said:
That’s where we are staying tomorrow night, but just for the night. Not to worry about the 3 countries thing

Thanks be interested in your findings. We selected it from ccc brochure and reviews. Cheers

Ok so we’ve stayed here just for the night.

It’s up on the top of hills with some narrow-ish roads with hairpins to get to it.
The pitch is large enough but access is hard with a large outfit. There are lots of Dutch in tiny vans but all packed really close together. (They were very helpful and the motor mover was a godsend)

I’m praying nothing has changed for our route back off the site as it’s extremely tight (for a beginner) we are staying here for another single night next Sunday so will see how that goes- Next stop today: Interlaken

This is our pitch (not worth setting anything up)

This is the route back out:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
otherclive said:
Ste6t9 said:

Ok so we’ve stayed here just for the night.

It’s up on the top of hills with some narrow-ish roads with hairpins to get to it.
The pitch is large enough but access is hard with a large outfit. There are lots of Dutch in tiny vans but all packed really close together. (They were very helpful and the motor mover was a godsend)

I’m praying nothing has changed for our route back off the site as it’s extremely tight (for a beginner) we are staying here for another single night next Sunday so will see how that goes- Next stop today: Interlaken

This is our pitch (not worth setting anything up)

This is the route back out:

Steve,
Thanks it does look a little tight but I guess its high season. we were scheduled to visit in mid June. dutch though are great neighbours, and the shade would be welcome. When people say they don't need movers as the driver is ace at manoeuvring onto a pitch, I always remind them of that many contintental sites do have quite restricted access due to trees and hedges, and even in UK a car parked opposite with the owners away from the pitch can sometimes make pitching the van impossible without mover.

You seem to be enjoying the trip the far, hope the drive to Interlaken goes as smoothly. If you feel the need to dispose of a few Euros try afternoon tea, or dinner at the Beau Rivage. We stayed there back in the mid 1960's when I'd only just passed my test and the family drove over to Interlaken for a holiday. Its an amazing area enjoy it.

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
We arrived here in Holland on Monday morning and we leave tomorrow (Sunday) to run as far as Lux and then just dropping the van overnight before doing the long stint to Interlaken inSwitzerland on Monday.

We're heading to Interlaken on Saturday. Saturday ferry to Hook of Holland then staying overnight just south of Brussels, then driving the 700km to Lazy Rancho in Interlaken on Sunday. Be interested to hear if you have any good tips for the area!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
tuffty said:
Ste6t9 said:

We're heading to Interlaken on Saturday. Saturday ferry to Hook of Holland then staying overnight just south of Brussels, then driving the 700km to Lazy Rancho in Interlaken on Sunday. Be interested to hear if you have any good tips for the area!

Take the train from interlaken up to the Jungfrau glacier it’s a fabulous trip. Also Grindlwold worth a visit. Local area transport tickets good value if you want to leave car behind.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Have to say Switzerland gives one hell of a first impression!

This is just round the corner from our pitch.

Also did the downhill of this coming through France between Epinal and Mulhouse:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
Have to say Switzerland gives one hell of a first impression!

This is just round the corner from our pitch.

Also did the downhill of this coming through France between Epinal and Mulhouse:

Glad you made it safely that a long tow. Relax a couple of days, if you can afford it the parasails are fantastic. Lucerne is great. I had a friend living south of Zurich and we went across in summers and winters for 3 years, try the dry tobbogan runs at some of the high peaks. , as I said Eating out at Bakeries is cheapest. Enjoy
It.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts