64 bucks question - which lite gas is better

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's only a 64 bucks question because of cut backs..
Not that I'm thinking of rushing out to buy new cyls - as both mine are full. But I wondered what everyone thinks.

Has the mag covered this (and did I miss it)?
if not -

How much is the weight saving over the conventional cyls...
Is there a size difference...
Kitting out costs...
Availability... (not just here in good ol' blighty)

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
I switched to BP gas around 4 years ago and have always found it to be cheaper than Calor. The weight saving over conventional cannisters is considerable and it is not until they are empty that you truly understand just how light they are. (Think along the lines of an empty plastic coke bottle versus the full). The only one point about the BP cans that I am not convinced on is the ability to see the inside contents. When this is in the locker you need to shine a torch through to get any idea of what is left.

An even bigger surprise is that in countries like Denmark and Germany it is widely available and fractionally cheaper than what you pay here.

Referring to another on going thread I have no scientific proof to back up my claim but I am fairly sure the toast burns just as quick with either gas.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes BP Lite is available on the Continent,but it has a different fitting on it. Most of the Countries 2 being Germany and Austria refill the containers but not the UK model, they do not have the fittings for them over there. This is what is so stupid. Why when they brought the new Lite bottles out why did,t the make them universal for the whole of Europe. The are actually several different fittings for different countries not 1 or 2.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i bought a refill BP 10kg gaslight from home base last saturday for £17.44 that was = to £1.77per kg , and yet calor wanted for there 6kg standard cylinder £18.99 =to £3.16 per kg ,big difference in price

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Mickeal E click on the link above and you should see the receipt from Homebase , you will see BP 10kg gaslight £46.74 underneath that is Bp gaslight return £29.00 now deduct i from the other and the final for gas is £17.74

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
For the purpose of comparing gas prices the normal price for a 10 kg refill at Homebase is around £2.50 a kg ,the 15% discount offer is not on all the time and limited to certain people.
Employees of Homebase get 20% off everything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts