6kg propane

Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
This might be old hat to a few of you on here ! Just come across the problem of getting 6kg propane ! Can I ask anyone on here what’s the options ? A change of regulator ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What gas do you presently have? and what do you want to change to?

Do you have a bulkhead mounted regulator or regulators that fix directly to the bottle?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Try Flogas 6kg propane same connection and overall bottle size. Flogas aren’t big in the leisure vehicle market but lots of tradespeople use Flogas. It’s a well established company. Unfortunately because of the licence agreement fir Calor bottles Flogas don’t do exchange refills fir Calor but they take many other makes. So look on Freevycle or Trash Nothing for a free Flogas bottle that could be used for exchange. Flogas website gives all the information and stockists.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
FloGas now own what was BP Gaslight with the see-through canister - but if you ain't got one a 5Kg bottle (10Kg is the option) will cost you just over a ton plus adapter for Propane fitting! BUT the non-metallic cylinder is very light....

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There seems to be lots of Butane cylinders around so swop to that for the summer and change the pigtail over. Plenty of calor Propane here in Milton keynes 6 kg ones.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
So one person says try flogas it’s free another says it will cost you a ton !!!! God I’m confused
Not that difficult. Flogas don’t take Calor in exchange so the OP could try and source an empty cylinder to minimise his initial outlay. If you take an empty non Calor cylinder to a Flogas outlet you can exchange it for a full one and you only pay the refill fee. Flogas took over the marketing of BP gaslight bottles the grp translucent ones. If the OP went that route without an empty gaslight he would have to pay for his initial bottle plus the gas contents.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 27, 2022
Visit site
Anyone whose owned a caravan/ motor home knows the concept of exchange bottles ! I’ve had replies from different people stating the fact ! Yes you can just fit the bottle ! No the bottles won’t interchange ! That’s what is confusing

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Easier just to pick up a 6kg Calor from Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree.

I've seen loads of them for sale, full ones for £20 etc. Just have to keep your eyes peeled and strike while the iron is hot

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This might be old hat to a few of you on here ! Just come across the problem of getting 6kg propane ! Can I ask anyone on here what’s the options ? A change of regulator ?
If your caravan has a bulkhead regulator it will take propane or butane. But the pigtail will need to be changed if changing gas.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
6kg propane has served us well for decades. I know it is still easily available in all of the British Isles. I’ve even bought replacements in the remote Scottish Highlands. I doubt other makes are so widely available .
I carry two cylinders. They do last a long time unless off grid in winter.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
6kg propane has served us well for decades. I know it is still easily available in all of the British Isles. I’ve even bought replacements in the remote Scottish Highlands. I doubt other makes are so widely available .
I carry two cylinders. They do last a long time unless off grid in winter.
There’s only one comparable national supplier and that is Flogas ( Royal Warrant too!) but Calor have the leisure market sewn up, whereas Flogas bottle outlets tend to be focussed more on trades, but round here Flogas 6kg are available as are the lightweight grp Gaslight cylinders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts