7 pin 12S plug

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Started another topic as i realised the last one was in the wrong forum

I've found a diagram of where the wires should go in the 7 pin 12N + 12S but because both plugs seemed water damaged i've purchased both and awaiting them. When looking inside the 12S plug, this is what i saw with RED [6] and WHITE [3] not connected and a connection from 7 to 3 ?? .. The 12N plug all looked fine with diagram.

7 PIN 12S picture

7 PIN 12N picture

thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ignore what the current plugs are wired like and follow the diagram for rewiring.

Your old plug has a what was a common, bad, quick trick of linking what should be two separate earth connections.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s worth mentioning pin burn out on the 12s plug and socket. A simple modification is possible. As pin 5 is unused, it is possible to link pin 7 to pin 5 and (provided the brown wire is also earthed in the towing vehicle) share the load between both. Additionally, as pin 2 is now unused (though still probably connected to the split charge relay) the same can be done with the feed by linking pin 6 to pin 2.
The fridge on 12v saps a high current which causes the problem.
Regular attention to the plug and socket will avoid the problem too. Just spread the male pins. Pull out straight rather than ‘wiggling’.

TRENDING THREADS