A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Recently, I was diagnosed with :

A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the table that I collected from the letter box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I

wash the car. I lay my car keys on the table, Put the junk mail in the rubbish bin under the table, and notice that it is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the

rubbish first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post-box when I take out the rubbish anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my cheque book off the table, and see that there is only one cheque left. My extra cheques are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the fridge to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the worktop catches my eye they need water. I put the Coke on the worktop and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better putthem back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the

glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realise that tonight when we watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote control, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the living room where it belongs, but first I'll water

the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote control back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

- the car isn't washed

- the bills aren't paid

- there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the worktop

- the flowers don't have enough water

- there is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book

- I can't find the remote control

- I can't find my glasses

- and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm

really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired. I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Actually this is common in all males, they just cannot cope with the day to day running of a home, they can only cope with one thing at a time, not like us women we have to juggle all these things you have mentioned during the day and still have to:-

Pay the Bills

Organise New Cheque Book,

Answer the Phone

Shop

Iron

Clean the House,

Cook Tea,

Walk the Dog/Dogs if any

Water the Plants

Feed the Fish

Feed the Buggie

Feed the Dogs,

The List is endless in the daily rountine of a womens day.

P.S Pick up the Daily Mirror for the old man.

Regards Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz you have not mentioned about washing the car. Can't you afford a better paper than the Daily Mirror? I am surprised at you buying that - would have put you as a daily Telegraph person.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, Daily Mirror would be for the old man, not me, as stated.

Washing the car would be one of the jobs for the men to do, after all, must not let the males feel left out, us ladies like the car nice and clean to do the shopping. Regards Liz

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
Car doesn't have to be clean to do the shopping, because I do it.

I do the shopping so that the right things are in the house to cook dinner.

I know what needs getting because I do the cooking.

Meanwhile my wife was plastering the bathroom wall.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Car doesn't have to be clean to do the shopping, because I do it.

I do the shopping so that the right things are in the house to cook dinner.

I know what needs getting because I do the cooking.

Meanwhile my wife was plastering the bathroom wall.
Damn good arrangement sir - I admire you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert I am very well organised, it is my wife who causes all the problems and gets me confused. I know what I am doing but when she comes on the scene all hell is let loose and I have to drop everything and do as commanded.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I am very confused, not even sure whether there is a cure,

possibily too late reading the other topic Symptons of Being Over 25, well a bit late telling me now, have you not noticed the original posters have disappeared toooooooo!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The original posting was quite easy to understand but if has taken a few so called level headed caravanners to totally confuse the issue and make a right pig's ear of common sense. If you are confused over such a simple posting God help you - the brain must be addled.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
The original posting was quite easy to understand but if has taken a few so called level headed caravanners to totally confuse the issue and make a right pig's ear of common sense. If you are confused over such a simple posting God help you - the brain must be addled.
I see from your reply you have this disorder. No cure for you then Colin.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
This disorder is it when you leave your keys to the house on the kitchen work-top, go and get spare set, then leave the original set, plus the spare set in the house, and have to climb through the bathroom window to get in. Who did this, this morning??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can certainly vouch that I have not lost my sense of humour and before you lot post any further cutting comments about me remember that saying "Even a cabbage has a heart". Liz how can you fit in through a bathroom window on a caravan - we only ghave a small roof light?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Colin I live in a house, what an earth made you think I lived in my caravan, you have now got this disorder bad, now sit down, don't open the post,don't wash the car, take deep breaths and you will feel better. Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz you appear to be a very caring lady so can I call on your tender ways to nurse me back to health - could be a long task but play your cards right and I will do what ever you so wished.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site

I fear colin yes from the above which you posted. lol Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The posting you refer to was my attempt to say that as you lot seemed to fit the description of the original posting and then further postings appearing more confusing, I was the only one on this forum who was still of fit body and mind and that all others were heading for senile dementure. Do you now realise what I was trying to say - it was my off beat sense of humour putting you lot down and praising myself. Modesty is my middle name.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
When one reaches your age Colin, ones brain must be addled.

At least us lot can do something about it, before it manifests.

In your case I am afraid it's at bit late. lol Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts