A changing Industry???

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Reading my latest CAMC mag some Dealers over the last 12 months have ceased trading. Others have reduced their trading sites whilst others have reduced size. The main reason cited is failure of the supply chain to deliver on time. Strange you may say with caravan sales booming. But no product to sell. I wonder where this is all going over the next twelve months??
Will there be a mass sale of used units on e bay etc as sunnier climes call next year? Maybe some good bargains to be hadπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Reading my latest CAMC mag some Dealers over the last 12 months have ceased trading. Others have reduced their trading sites whilst others have reduced size. The main reason cited is failure of the supply chain to deliver on time. Strange you may say with caravan sales booming. But no product to sell. I wonder where this is all going over the next twelve months??
Will there be a mass sale of used units on e bay etc as sunnier climes call next year? Maybe some good bargains to be hadπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Not unexpected and whose to tell what next year will bring but certainly after the reviews of the budget middle income earners will be squeezed, and inflation is forecast to rise to 5% plus with some mortgage and loan interest rates even rising immediately after the budget and not waiting for bank rate to rise. And as you say when warmer climes beckon that could affect peoples decision making. Looking at conventional holidays in Southern Europe versus U.K. it’s surprising how expensive this country is whether self catering or hotel/BB.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not unexpected and whose to tell what next year will bring but certainly after the reviews of the budget middle income earners will be squeezed, and inflation is forecast to rise to 5% plus with some mortgage and loan interest rates even rising immediately after the budget and not waiting for bank rate to rise. And as you say when warmer climes beckon that could affect peoples decision making. Looking at conventional holidays in Southern Europe versus U.K. it’s surprising how expensive this country is whether self catering or hotel/BB.
Mr brother and his wife wanted to visit from SA, but for a visa to enter the UK it was Β£250 each. They are now flying into Germany and doing a Rhine cruise and will also be visiting France and Netherlands. A lot cheaper than visiting the UK!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As things stand at the moment with almost no used caravans for sale and most of next years build already accounted for who needs a sales force so many sales staff will have gone. One local dealer usually has no second and models for sale and is selling then trade ins before they even get them in.
I think the shut downs will have taken their toll on many as has happened with other businesses which would account for the failures. As ever new businesses will spring from the ashes though, you just have to wait for them to get the finance.

TRENDING THREADS