a real brain teaser!

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks

Heres a question to try you all---

I have just booked 2 weeks dover/Calais with camping cheques.

I ahve no idea where to go this time as we have done Normandy and Brittany to death!!

I would love a site thats within easy walking distance of a town/villiage that has a couple of bars and resturants,about 4 or 5 hours travel from port.

Any ideas????

Happy camping

Maddy

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
La Citadelle at Loches, in the Loire - about six hours, or La Croix du Vieux Pont at Berny Riviere in the Champagne/Ardennes region spring to mind. Both walking distance to bars and restaurants.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
..... I would look at the Loire or the Netherlands.

Lots of choice and ideas on the Camping Cheques website in these areas!

G

What about waitng until you hit Calais, check out the weather forecast and head where it is not raining. 5 hours can take you pretty long way.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Maddy,

Have you thought about turning north into Belgium. There are some fabulous towns and sites. We stayed on a site about 20 mins from Gent. Lots of bars & restraunts within walking distance. Close to a lake.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Maddy,

Where you go partly depends on the time of year and what you like to do. 5 hours will take you to northern Burgundy (all that wine), or you might like to consider somewhere like Chartes or Orleans. Chartres has a pleasant campsite within walking distance of the centre. Another thought is Troyes, which, again, has a campsite within walking distance of the centre and is also within easy reach of some good places for days out. Troyes is only around 3 or 4 hours from Calais. Lots of towns have excellent municipal campsites.

Get yourself a large map of northern France, spread it out on the floor and start planning!

Jo

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, theres really so much choice isnt there, might try Troyes as its somewhere we pass but never call at on our way south for the main hols in St remy De Provence.

thanks again

Maddy

TRENDING THREADS