Abbey Wood - Security Question

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

I've recently booked a stay at the Abbey Wood site near London. As usual, I then looked at the satelite photos on Google Maps and MSN Maps. From the look of the photos, the Abbey Wood site is surrounded by houses and high rise flats. When I've caravannd before, it's been in quiet remote areas and I have not worried about security too much - just kept valuables out of site etc...

Does anyone know of any security problems at Abbey Wood?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
MAM I've never been to the site but recall postings from those who have and they have spoke highly of it. Not much help I know but maybe someone will be more informative later :O)

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to cut across the thread but welcome back your Lordship you have been sadly missed as I think you know and many rumours have started about the similarity to your disappearance and that of Lord Lucan :eek:)

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi

We stayed there some time ago and I remember the site warden saying she was suprised when campers asked to have ptches on the outskirts/more remote areas as these were the ones that had security problems, we liked the site due to the general ease of use for central London, didnt hear of anything, but you are very aware of being close to locla flats.

Maddy

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
MAM,

The flats that you refere to are actually maisonettes and are in Knee Hill Crescent, but they back onto Federation road by it's junction with Knee Hill, they used to be council owned, but many residents excersised their right to buy option.

How do I know? I used to live in Knee hill crescent! & I now use the site to stay over whenever I visit friends & family, I've never had any security issues when I lived there, nor have I had any when I stay on site.

despite it's run down appearance, Abbey wood was & still is, a nice place & I feel safer there than I do at Crystal Palace.

Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
Abbey Wood is an excellent site, we go every year for about 10 days. In my opinion the site is very secure, probably one of the most secure in the Caravan Club. There are high security fences around the perimeter, these are constantly monitored by a security company. We have known the alarms to be set off at night (or early morning) by the movement of squirrels! There are CCTV cameras, infa-red cameras, and floodlights. The main gate is closed between the hours of 2200-0800 so no traffic can enter or leave the site between these times. There is a small car park/late arrivals area just outside the main gate. We have never been worried by security at this site, and have found the local people whom we have met in the local shops/ railway station to be very friendly. The actual site is very pretty, the Wardens always make an effort to plant tubs and hanging baskets and the site itslf has lots of mature trees. The wildlife is excellent, lots of woodpeckers, squirrels foxes etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi MAM, this site was updated a few years ago and one of the items to receive attention was the security of the site. The CC have done a good job hope you have a pleasant stay. Bazz.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi MAM, this site was updated a few years ago and one of the items to receive attention was the security of the site. The CC have done a good job hope you have a pleasant stay. Bazz.
I stayed at Abbey Wood just before Easter, it was great peaceful and the staff very friendly.

Would love to visit more often, only problem I live in Abbey Wood, only 5 mins from campsite.

Security was brilliant,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts