Acciona Trasmediterranea

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
just received an e-mail from them.

We regret to inform you that due to continuing operational reasons that could not be solved in the medium term Acciona Trasmediterranea have taken the decision to withdraw their service between Portsmouth and Bilbao.

All customers are being offered a full refund which can be arranged by replying to this email or by calling us on 0870 066 5446. We are also able to assist you with alternative travel arrangements.

Please note that we are expecting a high volume of calls and emails, so whilst we will endeavor to deal with your response as quickly as possible, there may be some delays.

We express our sincere apologies on behalf of Acciona Trasmediterranea for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

AT Ferries Support Team

Ah well - back to the drawing board - we were going out on the 30th April and returning from Dunquerque at the end of May reversing the travel in Spetember/October

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Angela,

You can consider yourself as lucky that you got email.

When this Company cancelled their Portsmouth service, I emailed a friend who was overwintering in Spain. I knew that he wasn't affected but thought he could pass on the information.

My mate arrived back at our house today after using the Santander-Plymouth route. (which was full to bursting)

He informed me that AT Ferries had written to all their customers AT THEIR HOME ADDRESSES to inform them of the cancellation, even though AT Ferries had taken the same customers out to Spain on the first leg.

How they expected those in Spain to open up their mail at home is beyond me.

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
WOW ! AT Ferries were really bright :)

We have now rebooked - going out Dover Calais and returning Dunkirque in April and June and doing the same in reverse in September and October.

AT Ferries followed up their e-mail the following day with another offering reduced fares on other Cross Channel Routes.

What has surprised me is that we had booked through the Caravan Club and have had no communication from them .

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
Hi

How much was it costing you for car and caravan Portsmouth to Bilbao ? am i right in sayin this service is now cancelled ?

William
Portsmouth Bilbao by P&O is still running .

I didn't book this way - it struck me as very expensive . Frankly I like the journey down to the Pyrenees from the North.

If I were going into Spain/Portugal - then yes I would prefer the longer crossing.

We had a look vaguely at the price and it was about

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
Oh after my husband contacted the Caravan Club after getting their Newsletter in , they commented that they understood that AT Ferries were contacting folk who had booked.

I can't help feeling that the CC would have done themselves a lot of good by contacting people who had booked through them [ like us] rather than wait for AT Ferries to contact the unfortunate holiday makers.

We did re-book through the CC and got a crossing with them that was far better pricewise than AT could offer through their specially arranged cheap crossings for the aforementioned unfortunate holiday makers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts