Administration charge

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What do others think about an"administration charge" being applied when advance booking? I did pay it (£10) but felt a bit hard done by as it was not deducted from the total charge on arrival. The company originally said that it covers them in case of a no show which is fair enough, but surely if you do show up then it should form part of the tariff. After returning home I was told by the company that advanced booking is very complicated and that the charge pays for this ! I replied that their core business is to arrange bookings and that is what their office staff should do as routine without me having to pay their wages on top of the site charges. This site was the only one to do this that I have come across in 38 years of caravanning. Any comments boys and girls ?

Regards to all

Derek

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree that it should be deducted from the site fee when you arrive, certainly wouldn`t be going back. Plenty other super sites about without dealing with greedy owners.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Derek
An absolute rip off. Would you pay an administration charge when booking your car or caravan in for a service. No.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
No, but you have to if you book theatre or concert tickets on line and it is usually added to each and every ticket you order. Then of course they also make a 2.5% charge for using a credit or debit card, not as if there is any other way to pay for them, but they have you by the short & curlies so you just have to cough up.

Steve W

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Theres a difference there though Steve, in the fact that you have no other options.
I dont know about other people, but I will book a site because I want to visit a particular area. If I havent been there before I will check sites out first, and I havent been in the position so far where there has only been one site to choose from. If I rung a site to make a booking and they told me there was an admin charge for booking, I wouldnt be going there and I'd find somewhere else.

If I booked a holiday to Mexico through a reputable travel agent, I wouldnt pay an admin charge, why should I pay one here?

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
steve w77 said:
No, but you have to if you book theatre or concert tickets on line and it is usually added to each and every ticket you order. Then of course they also make a 2.5% charge for using a credit or debit card, not as if there is any other way to pay for them, but they have you by the short & curlies so you just have to cough up. Steve W

This is one reason I will avoid using Ticketmaster if at all possible.

Jim.

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Derek

The administration fee to which you refer is a rip off and I certainly wouldn't have been willing to pay it if I had known it wouldn't be credited against the overall fee. Isn't there some obligation to make people aware of charges BEFORE they incur them?

I do firmly believe a deposit should be paid when bookiing sites, including Caravan Club ones. This would discourage people block booking multiple sites for the same time period and then as the time nears choosing one and not turning up at the rest which I suspect is why so many sites report they are full when you try to book but when you speak to people who did get on they report several unused pitches, I would expect the deposit to be deducted from the site fee. I do think it should be non-refundable deposit unless there are extenuating circumstances preventing the booked pitch from being taken up.

Regards

Dave

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Anybody bought "Camping Cheques" lately, they charge £6.50 admin charge, whether you by 3 cheques or 33 cheque, they still make the same charge.

So everybody is at it, call it greed or just good business sense, it's still a lot of money for nothing.

Steve W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts