Adult only site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'High quality' is a bit subjective - to me it means peace and quiet, views, friendly owners, plenty of space. To others it will mean de luxe toilet block, bars, entertainment.
If you are in my sort of group, then the Caravan Club CL list is the place to look. You can choose your location and see what's available from a check list. I start with adults only and EHU and take it from there.

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
de luxe toilet block, bars, entertainment. is what I am looking for,although I do enjoy adult only CL sites its just now and again we fancy something diffferent.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
You could try Arrowbank caravan park, Eardisland, Nr Leominster. Herefordshire.
It is an adults only 5 star park in a picturesque black & white village.
Theres an excellent toilet block and all the pitches are gravel hard standing. There's river fishing on site.

Virtually no traffic noise and only a little noise from light aircraft landing at near by Shobdon airfield.

By far the noisyest resident is a woodpecker and a screech owl.

No entertainment on site, but the two local pubs 5 mins walk away take care of weekend entertainment and wine & dining. There's even a very good bespoke restraunt 4 mile down the road.

In Leominster you have a supermarket and indian, chinese and Balti take aways and 2 good chippy's.

Oh BTW I'm not the site owner / manager, just a yocal Local.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Adults only sites is a topic usually guaranteed to generate some fairly emotive comments on caravan forums and magazines. There was a long running saga on this in the letters section of the CC magazine 2 or 3 years back as far as I recall, with the comments fairly evenly split between those who thought that kids free sites were a great idea, and those who throught that kids free sites were incredibly discriminatory. (Presumably because we're now not allowed to discriminate on grounds of sex, race, or colour, so why should sites be allowed to discrimate on grounds of age !).

I used to be in the anti adult sites camp and am pretty sure that at some point they will be banned, but the older I get the more I like the idea!

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
here's another emotive subject DOGGIES "steady on FG"
smiley-embarassed.gif
we have found the more adults without kids (A.W.K.S.) there are on a site the more dogs there are, the last one we went on had 8 vans pitched but there were 14 dogs on site (including ours) there seems to be a high ratio of older people who take dogs with them when the kids no longer go, its not a problem for us but worth thinking about when going to adult only sites.
colin

Apr 25, 2008
Visit site
Please don't let this post degenerate into an anti kids debate,I have been the Adult Only type meetings where you throw your keys in the middle and I kept getting the robin reliant with the owner wearing a seethrough plastic mac,string vest,hairy legs,a beard and Jelly's.and the husband was'nt any better.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Tony_5041742 said:
I used to be in the anti adult sites camp and am pretty sure that at some point they will be banned, but the older I get the more I like the idea!

Oh it'll come Tony.

We aren't anti-child. We've had ours and usually go away once a year with the grandchildren in a cottage or they have a cottage while we use a site nearby. As you get older it is nice to get a bit of peace and this was the idea of us caravanning and deciding to get a 2 berth so we can go alone with no passengers and travel to parts of the country we've never seen
smiley-wink.gif
We are fast running out of areas now though so we will fall back on the sites that offer peace and solitude that we've been to before plus try out more CLs.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Allen774 said:
Please don't let this post degenerate into an anti kids debate,I have been the Adult Only type meetings where you throw your keys in the middle and I kept getting the robin reliant with the owner wearing a seethrough plastic mac,string vest,hairy legs,a beard and Jelly's.and the husband was'nt any better.

Look at Forest Gump's Signature, he own's a ROBIN RELIANT, Ha Ha
smiley-laughing.gif
Does you missus really wear the plastic mac etc etc???????

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi allen, have a look at a site down dorset way called www.little-paddock.com its a adult CL with a difference, a outdoor swimming pool (free), outdoor tennis court, chimenias, picnic benches, spa pool (charge), sauna ( charge ), glass dome chill out room, outdoor table tennis and a funtion room where they do bbq's etc. i think its about £20 a night high season and less for lower season

always fancied going up until this year and made it adult only lol. ill have to go when the kids are grown up now.
there good review on it on ukcampsite but its near a busy road but that wouldnt stop me going.

let us know what you book

jo

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Personally I choose a CL or CS for its location rather than the facilities.
We are lucky to be fully self supporting so don't need the poo block.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe i have ever been to an adult only camp site, don't believe i ever will knowingly.But if ever some fool tried to get a court ruling concerning the legality of adult only sites, I will be there in court with a handful of unruly kids, just to make sure justice is done...........

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Our very first site was adult only, it was in Sumerset but do you think I can remember the name.
It was down a valley and had two streams on each side with a water mill, there was ducks to feed at the van window in the morning and in the evening we met a nice lady taking her cow for a walk, it had a dog walk area but we did not have a dog then and there was a little shop that was closed.
Oh and you could not get a signal for your phone or satnav.
For the TV they gave you a long cable to plug in for some channels to watch.
Reg and Pat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts