advertising on the practical caravan web site

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
has anybody advertised their caravan on the practical caravan website ? or maybee the mods can shed some light ?.
i have placed our caravan on the sites classified adds page following all the instructions to the letter i clicked submit and the advert was sent in last night, ive checked this morning and i can not see our advert on the site, ive checked throughout the day and what ive found is that when i use my prefered browser (google chrome) my members page doesnt even show me as having an advert in place however if i log in using internet explorer then my member page shows me as having the advert with one day expired but searching for it in the classifieds shows nothing !.
somethings not right since chrome is a far superior browser to explorer but neither seems to work with classified adds page.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
What make of caravan were you advertising Gary?
The mods of this forum have no access to the caravan finder advertising website or it's database, it's a separate log in and we also have to log in and use that site the same way as everyone else.
If you could let me know what I need to look for I'll try to find your advert and see if there are any clues as to why it's so hard to find

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
hiya parksy, its our coachman vip 530/4 2006 model year. i still cant see the van this morning on the site using either google chrome or internet explorer all though when i use explorer i can see through my account that the van is apparently on the site, very strange indeed.
on another score i tried to do the towcar survey last night too but had the same problem as others one minuite the survey was there the next it had gone plus a comment i made never got posted on the same thread.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gary
I've looked for your advert using Firefox but I couldn't find it either.
Altogether, using various combinations of data input I saw adverts for 5 Coachmans, all from dealers but there were no private adverts visible.
I'll send the technical staff a link to this topic but the last time I asked why the caravan advertising site wasn't working I was told that it's run by an outside agency.
I haven't seen your post for the towcar survey in the moderators database or in the approval queue where members posts are sometimes diverted to, do you have any problems with an affirmation or 'captcha' box appearing whenever you add a post to the forum?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We used it and out of all the wbsites it was the one with the quickest response from genuine buyers. Second person bought. No issues with adding ad and viewing it as it also allows for modifications. One of the best lay out sites for selling a caravan.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
thanks parksy, ive noticed that only dealer adverts are viewable too, ive checked the search is set to dealer and private and also tried private only but still nothing, the strange thing is that if i log in using internet explorer i can see that my advert is live and today the counter shows 28 days left plus if i click view my adverts using ie then my add shows uop in all its glory however looking on the classifieds page its not there. what i think i may do is delete the advert and start again to see if that works.
i totally agree with the coments that the site is a good sales pitch as ive heard many good reports which is why we chose to advertise our van on practical caravan in the first place, ive been a member of the forum for many years and know the calibre of person who uses the site so im pretty confident of finding the genuine buyer if only the advert would appear .

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i have just re submitted the advert and this time i got a page that says it may take up to 48 hours to approve my advert, on checking "my adverts" i now show 2 adverts as "live" but neither is showing on the clssifieds, its a strange way of doing it but maybee the problem is the add goes "live " as far as the countdown is concerned but not as far as moderation is concerned.
i will give it another day to see if the add turns up.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Gary
I outlined the problem in emails to the technical guys, I hope that they can come up with an answer soon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts