advice needed re caravan club sites and more.....

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi, we are booked to stay in Longleat for 8 nights in July, I am worried after reading negative feedback re cc sites in general on this forum. Firstly is it as strict as they seem to make out, ie the warden is god, the guests are grumpy (we have 4 noisy, happy kids)and also is 8 nights too long to stay in this area because it is costing over £200.

We are now thinking of staying only 4 nights as we are making our way up to Huddersfield and wondered should we find somewhere in between. Can anyone recommend a site somewhere on the route from bath up to w yorkshire (coming over from Ireland so not familiar with the area)

Hope you can help (sorry for going on a bit!)

Happy New Year to all and thanks as always for the valuable feedback we always get.

Brenda

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brenda, We stopped at Longleat in November just before they shut up for the winter. Our kids are grown up now, but it is an ideal site for kids due to the close proximity of the Longleta Safari Park with all its facilities for families. Themed but not too tacky like some of them are, everything is done very tastefully and the staff all semmed helpful & friendly. Lots to do for all the family. The CC site has all the usual facilities and is very well run like most CC sites, with a good childrens play area, dog walk etc. Whether there's enough to keep your brood happy for 8 days? Well there's lots of other things & places you can visit in the not too far distance.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Brenda,

I've never been to Longleat so can't comment specifically on that site but I have been a member of the Caravan Club for the best part of 25 years and have never encountered any problems such as described in some posts on this forum.

I take the van abroad for my main holiday but for weekends and short breaks in this country I use mainly C.C. sites and have always found them well maintained and run by friendly staff. I did read the post elsewhere on this forum about C.C. sites but can honestly say that I have not came across any of that behaviour on any of the sites I have visited. I know many others only use Club sites so the club must be doing something right. Not everyone has the same standards or ideas of how sites should be run so you are going to get different views. If you've not been to a C.C. site before I would recommend giving it a go.

Robert

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Don't worry Brenda!

We visited Longleat CC site last year and spent a lovely week there. The wardens were very friendly and there was plenty for kids to see and do in the park itself. You can walk to the park and house easily along a 200 yard access road. We don't have any kids but thoroughly enjoyed walking around the grounds and gardens of the house itself. As you would expect the facilities are excellent on site.

The only time we took the car out during our week stay was to go to the supermarket (once).

We like it so much we have booked a return visit this year (for 2 weeks this time!).

Roll on Spring!

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brenda

You should not need to break your journey from Bath to Huddersield [ it's not that far] unless of course you have a reason to. 8 Days at Longleat will soon pass, Fleet Air Arm Museum at Yeovilton and close by Centre Parcs well worth visiting.

We used Tesco 'Days Out' vouchers at Longleat and the 'Family Pass' cost us nothing. You can then visit the different attractions spread over a few days [brilliant maze]. I can confirm friendly CC site wardens, we enjoyed a super week at Longleat and we would rate it as a First Class attraction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts