advice on routes Dunkerque to Algercirus Spain

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I know this has been asked several times,But I would like advice from those who Know the journey.
Mappy recommends Dunkerque - Lille - the outer Paris ring road -A10 to Poitiers - Bordeaux & vitually to Bilbao,& then crossing spain Via Burgos-Madrid-cordoba -Algercirus.
Michelin offers much the same route but crosses Spain via Burgos - Salamanca - Sevillia on to Algercirus
Travelling via Rouen does not seem to add to much to the route,& I am wondering if that would be a better Idea??
are there any better routes? It does not seem right to be hitting the west coast( Bourdeoux) of France to reach the South east of Spain
We are leaving UK on the 28 Feb to arrive in Algercirus by the 4 March. All comments appreciated
Many thanks Tony

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I haven't used that particular route to Spain - but really there are only two straightforward crossings of the Pyrenees, without going higher into the mountains. One is on the western side, near Bayonne, the other on the eastern side near Perpignan. If you look at a sheet map of France and Spain then the route to the west is probably more direct!
We use the Rouen route all the time now, having 'done' Paris many times in the past. We prefer the scenery that way, and the fact that the tolls are less.
However, I'll leave commenting on the remainder of the route to Spain to those who've actually done it. We've always gone down the eastern side, via Perpignan, but only then as far as Tarragona.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
I cant improve on Vals routes from Dunkerque as we go from Caen or St Malo but as to crossing Spain it will be much easier taking the Western route than crossing Spain from the east. It will also be much cheaper in tolls, after Burgo it is free almost all the way. We have travelled this route many times although not in February when you might encounter snow in central Spain. This is the route we use and I have some more detail on my website that might help.
https://sites.google.com/site/caravaneurope/home/routes/SW-France-to-Andalucia-or-the-Algarve

Regards David

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Thank you Val for your as usual very informative info regarding routes & sites in france, Advice which I certainly will Take.

David many thanks for the route map & recommended stop overs,Just the sort of info I needed. However mappy & michelin seem to favour a route via Salamanca/Cacereres/seville & on to Algercerius have you any info or experiance of that Route??
Personally your route via Madrid seems the most logical
Regard Tony

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
TD42 said:
Thank you Val for your as usual very informative info regarding routes & sites in france, Advice which I certainly will Take.

David many thanks for the route map & recommended stop overs,Just the sort of info I needed. However mappy & michelin seem to favour a route via Salamanca/Cacereres/seville & on to Algercerius have you any info or experiance of that Route??
Personally your route via Madrid seems the most logical
Regard Tony
We have returned North lots of time using the N630 from Seville, its a fine road, we have been travelling South via Madrid as the overnight stops fitted with the daily distances we planned and arrival time at our final destination. I think you will find that the Salamanca route is about 50 miles shorter.
David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts