Air fryer headache

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
OH decided that we need to eat healthy so invested in a Ninja air fryer. It comes with a recipe book for real fancy recipes where you need to add loads of spices and stuff to flavour food. Look for an UK related air fryer cook book for simple meals, but they do not exist. All air fryer books seem to be American orientated using imperial instead of metric?
We are doing chicken thighs tonight with fresh vegetables including potatoes and nowhere can we find a beginners recipe for plain simple stuff. Looks like we will still need the steamer for the vegetables etc.
Oh the joys of good old fashion nourishing food simply cooked on the hob without flashing dials and gimmicks. OH now expects me to demonstrate how it works and to produce the perfect meal so that she can learn from me. Think I will pop down to the corner shop to buy some coal and sneak it in and tell her that is the chicken I cooked! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JezzerB

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
All that you have to do is to leave out the herbs and spices that you don't like and follow the recipe otherwise.
E.G. Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
If you don't fancy paprika or garlic just brush the poultry with a suitable cooking oil and follow the instructions without adding the ingredients that you don't want.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
All that you have to do is to leave out the herbs and spices that you don't like and follow the recipe otherwise.
If you don't fancy paprika or garlic just brush the poultry with a suitable cooking oil and follow the instructions without adding the ingredients that you don't want.
Thanks Steve. Having never had one before OH was told that she could cook everything in it which is true, but failed to mention that you cannot cook the veg and meat at same time.
Our 10 year old Beko induction hob is giving up the ghost and within the past month two plates have failed. Cannot see how to open the hob to replace faulty elements hence agreeing to air fryer. LOL!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome Buckman. 😊
Unfortunately yes, you would have to air fry your vegetables separately, but if you have a steamer you could cook healthy steamed vegetables while cooking skinless chicken thighs or breast in the air fryer at the same time.
Very healthy!

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have the halogen cookers, three of them , one is the rotating drum and the other two are the normal Halogen ones . My Wife seems able to cook most things and defrost as well in them . The third one is in the loft as at one time you could not get the element so they said at the time plus too difficult to replace again so they said . How ever I bought the element and fitted it without any problem but by then we had obtained another. Our main oven is hardly used these days.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I just do not believe the total inaptatude of people to,be able to cook food. Pounds,to Kilos, basically double, If your cooking a chicken stew, veg in first, then a stock. ( chicken cube ) until soft then Chicken in, don't boil it, until it is soft. , , Tatties separate or all,in, basic , boy scout stuff.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I just do not believe the total inaptatude of people to,be able to cook food. Pounds,to Kilos, basically double, If your cooking a chicken stew, veg in first, then a stock. ( chicken cube ) until soft then Chicken in, don't boil it, until it is soft. , , Tatties separate or all,in, basic , boy scout stuff.
Actually pounds to kilos isn’t double. Approximately a kilo is two pounds.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Double a pound weight and you get a kilo , almost.
Don't mistake a stick of celery for a stick of rhubarb, with high blood pressure. 😃

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Double a pound weight and you get a kilo , almost.
Don't mistake a stick of celery for a stick of rhubarb, with high blood pressure. 😃
But that’s not what you said in your post.
“ pounds to kilos basically double” which taken literally when using a recipe could lead to an interesting dish.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Tried that recipe and very tasty chicken. A bit of a hassle with pressing incorrect buttons and making wrong selection, but got there in the end. Even the wife was pleased with the result and that is what counts. LOL!
On Sunday we have a small pork roast to do so another experiment. All these experiments and testing are making me put on weight. :ROFLMAO:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Tried that recipe and very tasty chicken. A bit of a hassle with pressing incorrect buttons and making wrong selection, but got there in the end. Even the wife was pleased with the result and that is what counts. LOL!
On Sunday we have a small pork roast to do so another experiment. All these experiments and testing are making me put on weight. :ROFLMAO:
Glad it worked out for you. Don’t get the ring adjusted too soon with success on the cooking front and Christmas looming ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
We have the 'Tower Digital' version and simply love it ! Roast potatoes have never tasted better ! Healthy too, along with chips and wedges.
The only failure so far has been jacket spuds ! Seems we aren't alone in that.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cannot recall when last we watched a James Bond movie. Think the only ones that we have watched was one with Sean Connery and another called Skyfall which was not very good anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts