Alarm Sensor's on Crusader

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Reading up on my alarm system it states there is a fitted sensor on one of the legs, does any one know which leg?
I have searched each leg and cant find anything, would they have fitted one as standard to say one particular leg or
randomly selected another?
It does say the unit would need to be replaced as a flat battery in the sensor is not replaceable.
I have replaced the battery's in the internal motion sensor and the sensor on the leg is supposed to activate weather
the leg is raised or lowered.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Reading up on my alarm system it states there is a fitted sensor on one of the legs, does any one know which leg?
I have searched each leg and cant find anything, would they have fitted one as standard to say one particular leg or
It does say the unit would need to be replaced as a flat battery in the sensor is not replaceable.
I have replaced the battery's in the internal motion sensor and the sensor on the leg is supposed to activate weather
The handbook is generic and I doubt if you have any sensors on any of the steadies. It states the same in our Buccaneer handbook and we do not have sensors on the steadies even though it is the top of the range caravan in the Elddis stable.

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev if you cannot find this fitted sensor get in touch with the caravan dealer he might know where it is located.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The handbook is generic and I doubt if you have any sensors on any of the steadies. It states the same in our Buccaneer handbook and we do not have sensors on the steadies even though it is the top of the range caravan in the Elddis stable.
Thanks Buckman, leaves me dissapointed if there isn't one, why even put it in the hand book.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Martin, will take a look tomorrow but suspect as Buckman has stated there isnt one on my van, will keep you posted though.
Here is a reply to an email I sent them.

Further to your recent email regarding your 2018 Buccaneer Caravan. Firstly, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding the information provided in your owners manual.

We would like to advise this error has been highlighted to us previously and our current handbooks have been fully amended. All handbooks are generic and EHG UK Ltd reserve the right to, and does alter from time to time technical specifications as and when required.

Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.

Actually I am not aware of any Elddis product that has leg sensors fitted as standard.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all your input folks, scrambled around today, came to the conclusion....................There isn't one!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts