Alde 3010 help

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
New to the forum, hope you guys can help.

I have a Alde 3010 in my 2010 Buccaneer Schooner and until the recent bad weather had worked fine (been parked on my drive since last March). The control panel is working fine, the circulation pump on the header tank is working fine (fluid level fine) and I've just had the printed circuit board on the boiler unit checked and repaired, However I still can't get the unit to heat up on electric. I've also bled the system to check for airlocks. The system works perfectly on lpg, so I'm thinking heating cartridge, thermostats etc, any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

Rog

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
Really appreciate the welcome and thank you for your kind advice. Since posting I flicked the heating to 1kw and it works, so it looks like I've narrowed it down the the 2kw heating cartridge.

I shall be making good use of your link and contacting a mobile engineer as I've exhausted my capabilities.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Be aware that the link given above is not the recognised repairer as far as all makers are concerned, and that not all of their engineers have the required experience or training.

The only engineers who are fully accepted by all the UK made and many of the EU made vans is the Approved Workshop Scheme .
They have all the necessary training and update training required to maintain warranties.

You can find a local engineer here : https://approvedworkshops.co.uk/find-approved-workshop

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You had me worried there Damian. Just checked. My engineer is an Approved Workshop member. However I assume that doesn’t mean the MCEA are not up,to speed??

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You had me worried there Damian. Just checked. My engineer is an Approved Workshop member. However I assume that doesn’t mean the MCEA are not up,to speed??

Many of the MCEA engineers are also members of the Approved Workshop Scheme, but not all are and that is where problems can crop up.

It is imperative that any owner of a van under warranty only uses AWS engineers (or the manufacturer approved workshop) as any other will invalidate the warranty on the van.

It is also a prerequisite of registration with the AWS that regular manufacturer update training is carried out and the AWS carry out annual checks on all their engineers to check that everything has been done.

The whole thing with AWS engineers is that they have passed not only written exams and practical exams but are carefully monitored to ensure that they know how to deal with everything.

Unfortunately some MCEA engineers are not under the same scrutiny and may have had only a week of training in basic maintenance.

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for the help guys, and just to close out this thread and provide feedback, I'm pleased to say the problem was resolved, it was the Alde 3010 PCB at fault. I found a very good repair guy online who fully repaired the board at a fraction of the cost of a new replacement, so all ended well.

Since traded the van in for a new one, but it was working perfectly well.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the update Rog. Can you tell us the link to this repairer for future use by others please? Knowledge of a good repairer or expert is always welcome .

Feb 23, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the update Rog. Can you tell us the link to this repairer for future use by others please? Knowledge of a good repairer or expert is always welcome .

Not a problem, happy to share, the place I used was (he's also on eBay):

Quality Electronic Repairs
Ebay Sales
Quality House
Reedlands Rd
WORKINGTON
CA14 3YF
UK

Email: qerbiz@gmail.com
eBay link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133443963775

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts