Alde heating

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi All. I have a problem with the Alde panel. I set everything day ,time , start time finish time and temperature. When the temperature reaches its set temperature the boiler shuts down, but when the temperature drops the boiler starts up even when its past the set stop time, so then I wake up in the middle of the night steaming hot.
I have been back to the dealers twice about this problem but with no answer to my problem. I only use the Alde Panel to set the heating as advised. the caravan dealers have reset it to factory settings but that was no good and tried running it on gas. They said that they could not find any problems? The Caravan is a 2020 Swift Challenger 580 can anyone help.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
If there is as might be the case a fault in the panel's firmware, then no one here is likely to be able to offer any help.

All I can suggest is you revisit the settings to ensure that these are correctly selected; I have an older unit so have not experience of setting yours for this feature, one I use extensively.
However, one point that might be common, whilst having the right timings set, there is also the need to set the facility to be "active", not just its values entered.

Edit: if my experience is any guide then come it being a working day, a call to Alde UK's office, their technical people, should result in a real willingness to help you.

Address:
Alde International (UK) Ltd
Huxley Close
Park Farm South
Wellingborough
Northants
NN8 6AB
UK
Tel: +44 (0)1933 677765
E-mail: info@alde.co.uk

This video LINK might be easier to "take in" than any written manual's instructions, if indeed it is down to "finger trouble"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I second calling Alde. I once needed to do so and they were incredibly helpful. They soon discovered that the default setting had been incorrectly set when initialised. After that, even resetting, returns to incorrect settings.

But I called Alde when I was stood in front of the control unit, which was ideal.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi All. I have a problem with the Alde panel. I set everything day ,time , start time finish time and temperature. When the temperature reaches its set temperature the boiler shuts down, but when the temperature drops the boiler starts up even when its past the set stop time, so then I wake up in the middle of the night steaming hot.
I have been back to the dealers twice about this problem but with no answer to my problem. I only use the Alde Panel to set the heating as advised. the caravan dealers have reset it to factory settings but that was no good and tried running it on gas. They said that they could not find any problems? The Caravan is a 2020 Swift Challenger 580 can anyone help.

Go to settings in the menu and press reset. Give it a couple of minutes to reset. Go to night mode setting and set the time to switch off i.e. 10pm until 6am and set the temperature to 17C. Go to day setting and set clock to 6.30am at 20C or whatever tempreature you need during the day. If you set the ALDE so that the night mode ends at 6am and then also set the day setting to start at 6am it does some weird things. A gap of about 30 minutes between setting time may resolve any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
I have spoken to Alde and they explained to me how the heating works.
you set the day mode time say 06.OO to 22.OO you then set the night mode to 22.05 to 05.55, the two settings will not run back to back. If you run them concurrently the night mode will revert to the day mode settings. You can also set the night mode and do not set the day mode but set the temperature on the main screen. My heating works fine now and why the dealers did not explain this I do not know maybe they haven't a clue either.

Jun 2, 2022
Visit site
this is what Aldi sent me

Attachments

• Document_2022-06-26_093124.jpg
    Document_2022-06-26_093124.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Document_2022-06-26_093129 (2).jpg
    Document_2022-06-26_093129 (2).jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Document_2022-06-26_093133 (3).jpg
    Document_2022-06-26_093133 (3).jpg
    642 KB · Views: 6
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have spoken to Alde and they explained to me how the heating works.
you set the day mode time say 06.OO to 22.OO you then set the night mode to 22.05 to 05.55, the two settings will not run back to back. If you run them concurrently the night mode will revert to the day mode settings. You can also set the night mode and do not set the day mode but set the temperature on the main screen. My heating works fine now and why the dealers did not explain this I do not know maybe they haven't a clue either.
Exactly what I suggested. 👍 👍

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Great explanation and good on Alde for making the effort.

Personally I don't use the timer. Yes it works fine. My problem is we go to bed and get up at various times, also we go out during the day at odd times. So if we set a timer to go into night modes at say 23.00 and we don't go to bed until midnight. We can get very chilly as the van does not retain temperature very well. So it's much easier, I find, to simply leave it on the ‘normal’ setting and adjust it as and when it suits us. It only takes a second as we pass the controller.

I could achieve the same by setting modes then overriding them but that would be more of a faff.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts