Aldie Heating

May 8, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I have just tried to use my Alde 3010 heating on gas, gas bottles are completely full, I have purged the gas through to the cooker all 3 rings on high that works ok, so I try my heating, and set it to gas increase the temperature I can hear the pump running and also the Alde fan is spinning but there is no clicking coming from the Peizo, I am sure I have heard the piezo clicking before?? I have been trying to light it for a couple of hours now, everything works fine on electricity. I have removed the fuse and replaced it with a new one in the consumer unit, isolated it on the trip switches waited for 30 seconds then tried again, I have done a system reset by pulling the plugs out of the electrical panel in the heater. Has anyone got any ideas as I do not want to keep purchasing parts to find out that they are not faulty, I don't know if it is just the Piezo or something totally different. Can anyone help, please?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Papa, welcome to the forum,

I believe the Alde heater has an electronic spark generator (not a Piezo which is manual), and you can usually hear them working making up to 5 sparks per second . Assuming you have done everything correctly, it suggests there is something wrong with the control system. or the spark generator.

Have you checked the instructions?

Bear in mind the heater is connected to the gas installation which should only be handled by a competent fitter.

I suspect you may need to get the heater serviced.

May 8, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Prof John L I can't hear any sparking from the generator. I am in the process of trying to get an Alde service engineer out to have a look and quote.

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It does take awhile for the air to be purge from the pipe for the heating. This a pipe that is normally separate to the pipe for the over etc. It can take awhile to purge the system for heating as we found out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts