ALKO hitch pads

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a 5 minute job and I will be very surprised if anything more than a quick clean with fine emery and brake cleaner, the van was on a seasonal pitch for the first 2 years of its life so hardly done any distance.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a 5 minute job and I will be very surprised if anything more than a quick clean with fine emery and brake cleaner, the van was on a seasonal pitch for the first 2 years of its life so hardly done any distance.

BP
I hope it a positive result good luck (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi peeps, any one got simple instructions on how to remove or clean the friction pads on an ALKO hitch.
BP

On Tuesday we collected the caravan from the dealer and just as we left there was a bit of groaning. The further we progressed the worse the noise. We put up with it for the journey home to storage, but will need to find some time to pop down there to remove the pads and give them a good clean. We have the AKS 3004 hitch.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Toolstation have Holts Brake Cleaner 600ml reduced 20% to £2.94.
Always have a spray in front locker and regularly use it.
Yep we have that in the back of the Jeep and always clean the towball before hooking up. unfortunately while it is at the dealer's they do not put a hitch cover on or the use the security ball for the hitchlock.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have brake cleaner in my "Just- in - case" box. But I find the best clean is to pop the pads out and clean with wet and dry soaked in nail varnish remover. That's if I can smuggle it out of the bathroom without swmbo noticing.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Pads had a good clean without taking them out as I lay under and looked with a torch and all looked perfectly ok so a quick brush over with fine emery and brake cleaner, fitted a new jockey wheel as well as the one that was on was plastic and didn’t want to go over anything even small, new wheel was moulded with a rubbery covered tread which seems loads better, the main job that needed doing was sorting porch awning that on first trip out several weeks ago and wind caused a leg air pole to manage to punch it’s way out the tube, found out that it had simply forced the zip to undo as the tube pushed it, all put back in place and the zip had not been correctly located but it’s not going to come open again. Looking for a long weekend away in next 2-3 weeks as seems ages since been out.

BP

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS