Alko Wheel Lock ??

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Hi All , Anyone able to help , I bought a secondhand Ace Award caravan with I was told a Alko wheel lock worth £150 , when I came to fit the lock I found the lock insert supplied with the van is a number 16 , but the van needs a number 5 according to Alko site , Thats straight forward enough but Searching around most bolts that go into the receiver seem to have a pattern similar to what I have drawn but my bolts have the pattern shown in pic, So Are These Alko Or A Different Make ? Many Thanks Malc

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8587.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8587.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 13
  • thumbnail_IMG_8588.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8588.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 13
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I've had two different caravans with Alko locks and both were similar pattern to your drawing. Not sure if the bolt in your photo is Alko or not but if you get the correct number 5 lozenge you may find it will fit anyway, if it fitted the number 16 lozenge. As far as I know you can use any Alko bolt and lock, it's just the lozenge that changes to fit different style wheels.

Reactions: maltins0
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The red lozenge clamp that fits into the wheel is specific to a particular design of alloy. But the bolt with the security head and lock will fit any lozenge. Your picture shows a matched bolt that goes into the chassis receiver and it’s tightening piece. The lock itself then fits in after you have inserted and tightened ( gently and not over tight) the security bolt into the receiver. Your hand drawn sketch looks like the lock itself which is locked by use of a Lowe Fletcher key.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
TBH I didn't know that the Ace Award caravan could be fitted with ALKO locks! If bought from a dealer, get the dealer to supply the correct lock as it was part of the deal.

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
The red lozenge clamp that fits into the wheel is specific to a particular design of alloy. But the bolt with the security head and lock will fit any lozenge. Your picture shows a matched bolt that goes into the chassis receiver and it’s tightening piece. The lock itself then fits in after you have inserted and tightened ( gently and not over tight) the security bolt into the receiver. Your hand drawn sketch looks like the lock itself which is locked by use of a Lowe Fletcher key.
Hi Thank You , My drawing was copied from a friends matched bolt which goes into his receiver , and most for sale on ebay , Marketplace etc seem to have same as his rather than the one I have

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
I've had two different caravans with Alko locks and both were similar pattern to your drawing. Not sure if the bolt in your photo is Alko or not but if you get the correct number 5 lozenge you may find it will fit anyway, if it fitted the number 16 lozenge. As far as I know you can use any Alko bolt and lock, it's just the lozenge that changes to fit different style wheels.
Thank You Yes I thought that may be the case , I have now discovered that the reciever fitted to the hub has never been used still has the metal screw thing in there , there is the remains of a silver sticker but its ripped so dont know what was printed on it other than I can see Alko name grr

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
You might be able to get an engineer to remove the sheared off bolt. Cost you a few Pounds but then you can use the Alko wheel lock.

Reactions: JezzerB
Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
You might be able to get an engineer to remove the sheared off bolt. Cost you a few Pounds but then you can use the Alko wheel lock.
Is that what it is a sheared of bolt ? Somewhere else said that Alko fitted these to caravans from 2008 because of bulldog bringing out a lock which would fit in thier reciever and only way to get tool to remove it was to order a new alko wheel lock and give them code that was on silver sticker which has been torn on my van

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Is that what it is a sheared of bolt ? Somewhere else said that Alko fitted these to caravans from 2008 because of bulldog bringing out a lock which would fit in thier reciever and only way to get tool to remove it was to order a new alko wheel lock and give them code that was on silver sticker which has been torn on my van
Without a photo of the bolt /reciever unit, it is still just a guess.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would say it was ALKO although the year is not shown. In recent years only Eldiss have used BPW and it has to be fairly recent to have the receiver for the wheel lock.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Now thats interesting, Definintly Alko. NOT a sheared off bolt. You will have to contact Alko. A real grunt could remove it, BUT.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Be aware that as the lock is not registered to you, more than likely they will for obvious reasons refuse to help.
Lets hope that the previous owners did not bother with registering the L&F barrel lock. But as a fall back new barrel locks can be purchased. I bought a pre owned but had it delivered to a friends address miles from where we lived.

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Be aware that as the lock is not registered to you, more than likely they will for obvious reasons refuse to help.
Hi yes this is What I am sort of expecting (but as that particular lock is no longer available from them they should help but probably won't)

Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Lets hope that the previous owners did not bother with registering the L&F barrel lock. But as a fall back new barrel locks can be purchased. I bought a pre owned but had it delivered to a friends address miles from where we lived.
As The original blocking bolt is still in there along with the silver sticker with code on (Albeit torn) I doubt this was registered ever

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The security people are very good with these. The outside of the sockets might be too big. I WILl not say it will work,, but it might. Talk to a caravan engineer, they will have come across this before.

TRENDING THREADS