All year campsites near Calais or Boulogne

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Your help please.

I'm looking for camp sites that are open all year around the Calais/Boulogne area, close to the A16 for overnight stops on route to and from the docks at Calais.

Most sites are late March/April opening. We are off next week and need a overnight stay.

Any ideas?

Stopping in the car park in the Calais ferry terminal has been suggested but I'm arriving at around 4.00pm and would not leave until the next morning, is this to long to stay, will they look at this as camping (against parking) and object?

Any suggestions welcome

Brian

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
This website http://users.telenet.be/leo.huybrechts/camp1.htm gives details of all campsites within 15km of the major routes, and there do appear to be some just off the A16 which are open all year. They are highlighted in red. I would double check, though, by phoning them or emailing first.

If you can't find anywhere then the Aire at Baie de la Somme is often used for stopovers. There is a caravan layby where we've stayed many times, and it's a nice place to wake up in the morning, in a small nature reserve, and rather quieter than the carpark at Calais.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts