Allocated Pitches

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
If you went to a camp site and are staying for a two or more weeks, how do you feel about moving pitches for that 2nd week, although you may have booked for 2 weeks stay. Because it is a allocated pitch for maybe a regular customer.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
If I was told before hand I would cancel. If I was told when I arrived then I would take the pitch and then refuse to move.

Simple.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I was told before hand I would cancel. If I was told when I arrived then I would take the pitch and then refuse to move.

Simple.
Exactly as I would do - damn cheek to ask you to move for a regular - shouldn't have allocated the pitch in the first place.

Aug 8, 2005
Visit site
Moving like that is not on Liz - you have settled in and then are told to move - NO WAY

Certainly I would cancel before leaving home if I were told in time.

Once there - like Steve says - sit tight.

If the Site staff can't sort out their bookings - too bad - that casual customer could well become a regular - but if they are messed about they most certainly won't

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If on site and asked to move, "you have to be joking" would be my response.

If told it was to accomodate a regular client " YOU ARE TAKING THE XYZ? " might well be the response.

If we really wanted to stay for two or more weeks and the site explained we could be asked to move before we arrived, well then fore warned we might consider it.

A sites a site, why would you expect the same pitch as a regular.

Sad or what !!!!!!!!!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have to say that after taking time to set up and put up an awning for a 2 week stay, there is no way I would move just to satisfy a so called "regular" customer, unless of course the site owner made it very much worth my while, which would be much more than the site fee for my time and effort to move to another pitch.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
If i was told befor I would go some were els but if I was told when I got to the sit. I tell you what to do and I would whont my money back and for you to find me a pich so were els.

Looking at in one way

If they were to tell you befor or when you got to sit.

I would thick it was bad mangement of the sit.

I would not be thick of going or stoping again as it would make me wunder what other bits of bad mangement do.

Mark

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I would agree with the rest, and would go else where.

However this beg's another question. How many times have you looked at web sites and brochures at idylic caravan sites only to find that when you get there your shoved round the corner to the not quite so photogenic pitches because of the "regulars"?

I stopped on one site in Wales where an entire row on the site was all "regulars". They also encompassed the best made access road and the most convienient location too. Mean while the real tourers had to put up with a rutted track and getting stuck to get onto the pitch. Then of coarse came the power issues. Regulars on the newest 16amp hook ups and tourers on the old pre hystoric 10amp circuit. I know that was fact as being a sparkie, I was asked by the owner to do a running repair to the supplies.

In doing the repair's I found that several of his "regulars" had wrapped elastic bands on the trips to stop them cutting out as they were way over the 16amp usage!

When I told him what I'd found and suggested he "had a word" he said that he couldn't do that, they'd lynch him!!

Then one guy came over and informed me that "coronation row" as they had nick named it had bee inherited from the last owner. And as the tag suggested they all stuck together!

The point is who would you like to see in the brochure? Happy tourist's, or a bunch of bully boys in kiss me quick hats? Sorry, "regulars".

I know not all seasonal pitch folk are like that but some do take advantage and try it on.

Surely if you hire a pitch for a set time basic law states that an informal contract has been entered into and if thet is 2 weeks then it is 2 weeks on pitch 66.

By the way, I could say I'm a regular at Builth Wells as it is only an hour from home but the owner makes us take our vans home each time even if it's only three days between stays to avoid all the reasons above. I understand his plight and comply every time without a moan.

Steve.

May 3, 2006
Visit site
I somtimes go to the deepest darkest depths of Cornwall (Padstow), the site will be namless however, I have been asked to move after a 2 week stay on one pitch to allow for grass cutting, which I found ridiculous so ended up spending my 3rd week on another pitch. The pitch that I vacated was not used during my 3rd week. I was told that this was site policy.

Regards

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Should be no such thing as "Regulars". Moved you for grass cutting then did not use the pitch, bet you had something to say on leaving, I would have. Liz

May 3, 2006
Visit site
Liz

Until I read some the comments here, I thought it was quite normal, and went with the flow.

Weather was great, Holiday was great, Wine was great, hence "Whent with the flow of another bottle of Pinot".

But it wont happen again.

Regards

Leso

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Les

I am glad I posted this as a New Topic, it's not the norm, as you can see from the above, I know there are a few sites that do allocate pitches, and have moved people about, totally unfair.

Happy holidays, soon be Easter or Summer Holiday.

Regards Liz

Jun 22, 2006
Visit site
If you went to a restaurant for a meal, would the restaurant ask you to move tables between courses? I don't think so!

Tilly
we know of a cl site in Huntingdon which reserves a prime pitch for a regular motor home at the weekends. This can be quite annoying if you have not got a nice pitch and then have to watch them arrive (also they don't need to check in with the owner either. just drives straight on to the pitch) while others cannot enter the site until told to - very unfair

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts