alloy wheel torque settings?

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
130Nm for Alloys - probably 110Nm for locking wheel nuts/bolts if you have them. 88Nm for Steel spare wheels.
I discovered some years ago when changing a wheel due to a puncture that you need shorter wheel studs for your steel spare. That is why there should be extra short studs in your caravan when you buy it. Green Flag discovered this on the M5 and I had them in my box of bits.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I discovered some years ago when changing a wheel due to a puncture that you need shorter wheel studs for your steel spare. That is why there should be extra short studs in your caravan when you buy it. Green Flag discovered this on the M5 and I had them in my box of bits.
Now thats interesting, my Coachman doesnt have any spare bolts and says nothing about changing bolts for alloy wheel to steel spare tyre.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Now thats interesting, my Coachman doesnt have any spare bolts and says nothing about changing bolts for alloy wheel to steel spare tyre.
Neither did my Swift Sprite for its steel spare wheel. Just a difference in torques. Cars have same bolts too for steel space savers.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Dose not apply. My motor and Swift Challenger use the same bolts for Alloy and Steel spare.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Just a point to make about torque settings. Please be aware that contamination on the threads of the studs or brake drum holes , be that grease, rust or dirt, can and will effect torquing up. I know some people insist on slapping copper slip on the studs….well DONT.

Reactions: DaveA1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts