An awning you can put up in 10 minutes- New kampa Air

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Have you seen this new awning just peg the back down & blow it up!!!!, bit pricey compared with traditional pole type though
Kampa Rally Air 390 - The quickest awning you'll ever buy.
The revolutionary Kampa Rally 390 AirFrame awning designed exclusively for Kampa can be unpacked and erected in under 5 mins.
No poles, all you need is a pump, a pitch and a caravan. Made from 'Feel the difference' heavy duty 150D Weathershield materials the Rally Air boasts the same build quality that has fast made Kampa a class leader in lightweight caravan porch awnings.

The new Rally Air uses a revolutionary 'AirFrame' system, which as the name suggests is an inflatable integrated pole system which provides the awning with both structure and support. The AirFrame is inconspicuous, thoughtfully designed and robust, really robust, once inflated the awning is incredibly strong, deceptively so.At first glance the Kampa Rally Air looks like a traditional Rally porch awning, elegant and eye catching. But there's something you can't quite put your finger on. Sure the awning is a Kampa Rally shape and has the characteristic profile of the now well respected Kampa Rally Range; good headroom height, bright clear windows with the new Rally Club window shape that have radius corners. But where are the external poles?
The rigidity of the product is something you have to see to believe. Lateral movement is minimal when either wind or force is applied - much more so than a pole system. This has been made possible by the modular internal AirFrame. Above each window section is an AirBeam support sandwiched between the vertical uprights. Pressure laterally is absorbed and spread across the awning forcing the air pressure to increase in the horizontal beam. Clever indeed. You would expect the AirFrame to be big and cumbersome to live with, but the internal space isn't compromised by the frame at all.

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
A bit pricey is an understatement, the RRP seems to be £860, but it is available for £600, even then that is ridiculous for a porch awning that is going to be useless when it gets a puncture and believe me, it will get a puncture.

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Really like the idea of this. I just cannot seem to find the product on the Kampa web page which is a bit of a shame. Would like to see a complete set of photograghs as looking on the dealer websites it appears to me that the awning also has a back to it. If this is the case it could possibly be the warmest winter awning yet and draught free.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Kampa Rally Video
Cant see a back on this one and if there was how would you get in the caravan?
smiley-smile.gif

Think the photos showing backs are actually the second awning behind it.

Doesnt seem to be any adjustable legs on the front like the current one's so would assume if you were on a sloping pitch
it would look twisted against the level van.
oh and if they can peg it down in less than 5 minutes please ask them to come and show me on my 390 how it's done
smiley-undecided.gif

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Kampa Rally Video
Cant see a back on this one and if there was how would you get in the caravan?
smiley-smile.gif

Think the photos showing backs are actually the second awning behind it.

It was on the still photos that made me think this and I thought there was that zipped entrance for the caravan door
smiley-embarassed.gif

I would have thought that you would just have to accept a certain amount of slant on a sloping pitch which on the bright side would mean that the rain next summer will not pool quite so bad.
smiley-kiss.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have one of the original Kampa 260 Porch Awning, They are the best and easiest to erect , I could erect it on my own within 10 mins, but the hammering the streel pegs into the Hardstandings was and is the reason I no longer bother with it, so paying out that
Additional cost for the inflatable model to me seems a complete waste of hard earned Cash.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts