And so it Begins

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, last year with a mixture of the economic downturn, an effort to get fit and a want to see more of England we decided we would climb every Marylin in England Too many in the whole of the UK. After climbing a few of the local hills we decided to grab a tent and hit Cornwall to do a few down there. October in a small tent with two dogs was an interesting situation. My wife and I talked about getting a Caravan but finances really didn't allow it. Then last week she saw something on eBay, sold without viewing(apart from a few pic's) we purchased a old Abi Monza 350/2 deluxe for £360. I have a feeling it's one of the older models as it's got no heating, fridge or 240V that some have in pictures i've seen.

Getting it home was interesting including a bit of unexpected reversing when we forgot about a narrow bridge, nothing like learning under pressure hey.

The good news is that it seems in fairly good condition. I'm going to try and do a fair bit of work on it so i'll probably ask a fair number of questions. The first one being does anyone happen to have a user guide/manual for it? I'm a complete novice and despite a fair bit of reading am still unsure on where to start.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Manuel

I'm not too sure exactly which part of Marylin you want to climb over but you seem like a man after my own heart :0)

You may have problems in getting an owners manual for your Monza but a good starting point for complete caravanning novices might be The Caravan Manual by John Wickersham and it's companion Caravanning Handbook by the same author.

Of course we are always happy to answer your questions on the forum as well.

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at http://www.swiftleisure.co.uk/caravans/handbooks

There are copies of Swift Group Manuals back to 2000 - hopefully one of them will be of help to you, and have similar equipment listed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts