and we wonder why we are in the crap.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have been getting letters from a collecting service with regards a late licensing penalty issued by the DVLA.. now its not addressed to myself but it is to my address, so i thought i would phone the collecting service up and tell them of their error.
'err we need you to send a copy of your council tax bill sir' !! well that isnt happening i thought i would inform you that you have made a clerical error thats all and becides council tax copy or not, that only proves who i am and not that a certain person does not live at the same address! all you need to do is confirm your details with the DVLA who surely would tell you the address details are wrong as you are acting on their behalf!!!
5 more letters have turned up since so i phone the DVLA concerned that maybe somebody is using my address, although frankly as the V5 doc would have been posted here, then i would know, so again it must be a clerical error...DVLA confirm that car reg is not registered to my address. Good thinks i, so you will sort it out? err no you need to speak to our fines office! Which i did and they said please write to us! Err hang on your mistake and i need to fix it for you?
Well thats the short version of how having spoke to both parties neither gives a 8888 that they have made an error and jo public should sort out the mess. up to now i have had 7 letters which stamp wise is a few quid, unless i am the only person to suffer from this then money and time is being wasted by,of course its not just the DVLA and an outside collecting agentcy that take this stance.it appears to be common pratice now in all walks of life..

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Be very careful as normally it is bailiffs called Collectica that can be involved at this stage and they will clamp your car and give you all sorts of hassles until it is cleared up. Send a letter to the collectors/bailiffs stating that an error has been made and if they want proof they need to visit you as you are not prepared to send copies of council tax bills in the post. Also advise that if they contionue to hassle you, you will lay criminal charges under the Harassment Act.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi. surfer.
yep as is normal i didnt make it very clear. its not my car's registration number but of a completely different make of car,a y plated VW golf....Spoke to my father in law who runs a garage shop,he said they have had similar things happen and indeed did try to clear it up but that was a complete waste of time... i just thing its all such a waste.I believe the gentleman names on the letter cannot now be fined the 80 pounds due to the complete mess up from the 'its not me job' mentality......of late i seem to notice this more and more in all walks of life.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts