Android phone viewing problems

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
For some reason the forum when viewed on my Samsung Galaxy S4mini can only be viewed properly when turned onto it's side :eek:hmy:

I can log in ok & post ok with it but, It was possible to view the old forum either way up without a problem....

Is this fixable or is it to do with the new layout ?

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Hi Sproket,

Sproket said:
For some reason the forum when viewed on my Samsung Galaxy S4mini can only be viewed properly when turned onto it's side :eek:hmy:

I can log in ok & post ok with it but, It was possible to view the old forum either way up without a problem....

Is this fixable or is it to do with the new layout ?

Essentially, most of the new PCV site is responsive (that is it reacts nicely to different sized screens - or just browser window sizes on a desktop), but sadly the standard forum template isn't so designed and relies a lot on tables to acheive it's layout.

I've now installed some modifications to the default template that allow it to react better on mobile devices (or any narrow display) and will strip out less critical bits (e.g. various buttons etc) to let you read the content better.

I've tested it on a few devices we have here (iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3) and it's certainly better. It could likely still benefit from a few more tweaks, but let me know how you get on with it!

Cheers

Col

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Col
Thanks for the tweaks that you have done, would it be possible to get the dates of posts squeezed in as well ?

Posted from my Samsung Mobile galaxy S4mini

TRENDING THREADS