Annual Service

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had my new to me caravan serviced yesterday, had it done by a mobile techie that is workshop approved so all ok regards to warranty transfer, came through the service with a 100% clean bill of health, I expect someone will mention that I should have had the service before I parted with my cash but I didn’t and I’ve come through unscathed, sometimes you have to go with your gut feelings and I did exactly that when I bought it, I’d got a copy of the pre delivery inspection and the first year inspection so I had something to go on, I’d maybe be lying if I said I was 100% confident in the results before it was done but I was confident enough, forms on the way to Bailey now to get the water ingress warranty transferred so that’s everything done I think, just need Bailey to do their part.
Happy caravanning to everyone.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Good news, but yes you should have waited until after the service but alls well that ends well. Hope you enjoy the new model.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Difficult. Who would pay for a service before you buy the caravan and transfer the water ingress warranty? I guess this issue is more relevant on a private purchase, or was it a Dealer?
Anyway fingers crossed Bailey do their bit.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes it was a private sale, the previous owner had it on a seasonal which was a
2 hours from where he lived and hadn’t had the service done as he had no idea when it was due, he was quite upfront about things and said he’d never sold a caravan before so knew nothing about the vin number or Cris or service schedule but I gave it a thorough look over and it was coming up to 2 years old so I didn’t expect there to be a great deal wrong and luckily I got it right which was a relief, I’ve just posted all the docs to Bailey so be a while before I get any response but they’ll get there eventually.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I too agree you should have waited after the service but seeing it pass i hope you enjoy your new caravan and happy holidays to come

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, I bought it because we loved it when we saw it, I was also confident that the owner was on the level in all he told me, I know if you were being conned into buying something dodgy then there’s a good chance the person selling it will have rehearsed his patter, I suppose I like to think I’m a fairly good judge of people, I’ve been around a while and can often spot a bulls hitter and as I said previously the caravan was make & model and with the exact spec we were looking for so we did the cris check and it came back all clear, it just left a visual inspection which myself and her indoors did and if there had been anything suspicious we’d have walked away, when I say it was the exact spec it was actually more than with just smallish things, roof mounted solar panel, EHU lead, 110ah battery, powrtouch mover and ATC fitted, probably a few other bits that escape me but gives you a taste of the deal, so getting the service done yesterday and it came back spot on was the icing on the cake so to speak.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We’re making good use of it, we picked it up on the 15/8 had 4 days away already at eye kettleby and got another 4 nighter booked in 3 weeks time, nice site near Corby, called new lodge farm, it’s owned by the farmer and his wife who are lovely people and it’s all serviced pitches, and great farm shop and restaurant.

BP

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
We’re making good use of it, we picked it up on the 15/8 had 4 days away already at eye kettleby and got another 4 nighter booked in 3 weeks time, nice site near Corby, called new lodge farm, it’s owned by the farmer and his wife who are lovely people and it’s all serviced pitches, and great farm shop and restaurant.

BP
Good for you, you went for it, all OK.

I live a stones throw away from Eye Kettleby Lakes, in fact a footpath to the lakes runs past the back of my bungalow. Keep seeing all these vans trundling down Great Dalby Road, some very nice outfits as well.

It's time I took a walk along that path and have a look.

That'd be quicker than hitching up.

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good for you, you went for it, all OK.

I live a stones throw away from Eye Kettleby Lakes, in fact a footpath to the lakes runs past the back of my bungalow. Keep seeing all these vans trundling down Great Dalby Road, some very nice outfits as well.

It's time I took a walk along that path and have a look.

That'd be quicker than hitching up.
Great Dalby .......that’s a name from the past. As a kid with friends I used to cycle from Leicester to look at the Thor missiles at the base there. Beats stamp collecting. A glad things have moved on since then.

Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Great Dalby .......that’s a name from the past. As a kid with friends I used to cycle from Leicester to look at the Thor missiles at the base there. Beats stamp collecting. A glad things have moved on since then.

RAF Melton Mowbray

That was the most terrifying time of my life. I was 19 and could see the three Thor missiles from my bedroom window. During the Cuban crises it was the only time I saw then standing in the firing position, for days, with Oxygen vapour running down the sides, and I should think armed. I can remember thinking how long it would be after they launched, before the reply arrived, something I would never be able to repeat. Someone only had to sneeze.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RAF Melton Mowbray

That was the most terrifying time of my life. I was 19 and could see the three Thor missiles from my bedroom window. During the Cuban crises it was the only time I saw then standing in the firing position, for days, with Oxygen vapour running down the sides, and I should think armed. I can remember thinking how long it would be after they launched, before the reply arrived, something I would never be able to repeat. Someone only had to sneeze.

I guess the benefit of that crisis was that one of the unannounced agreements was that the US would also remove its missiles from Turkey and UK. But it was a bit tense at the time. My dad even had the “ shelter kit” set up under the stairs!!! And he was ex RAF too.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Kettleby lakes is a nice site, the fishing there is excellent, it’s a camp I’ve been planning to go to for last 3 or more years and for numerous reasons I’ve not made it until few weeks ago and we were there when the violent winds were playing havoc with everyone’s awnings, we were originally meant to go earlier but lockdown put a block on it, I’ll definitely be going again and it’s less than an hours drive, we spent a nice few hours mooching round Melton Mowbray which is a nice place as well.

Reactions: DaveA1 and JezzerB
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Any campsite that has got fully serviced pitches gets a big thumbs up from me and kettleby has all serviced pitches and the same at the site we are going to next, being connected to running water and a drain makes a massive difference in my opinion.

BP

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We helped take 9awnings down . Two were shredded beyond repair. Some owners were out. Beephee saw your outfit, North site? Bit moreshelter, we overlooked the lake on south. Our awning went up a nd down three times! Very nice out fit BTW .

Any one lucky enough to live near there needs to visit the milk hut on the corner at Great Dalby, what a great idea. You can buy milk on tap from a dispenser ,cream etc and the milkshakes are unreal!!!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jezzer, I was on southern field, top of the hill looking down towards the shower block, maybe we’ll cross paths there again sometime, it was my first visit at kettleby but deff won’t be my last.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We should have been this season but with the Covid-19 it has been transfered to next year but i do like hardstanding service pitches and a small bit of grass near toilet block/shower handy for having a go with my pole .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Kettleby lakes is a nice site, the fishing there is excellent, it’s a camp I’ve been planning to go to for last 3 or more years and for numerous reasons I’ve not made it until few weeks ago and we were there when the violent winds were playing havoc with everyone’s awnings, we were originally meant to go earlier but lockdown put a block on it, I’ll definitely be going again and it’s less than an hours drive, we spent a nice few hours mooching round Melton Mowbray which is a nice place as well.
Did you buy a Pork Pie from Melton Mowbray they are fab

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm an expert on Melton pork pies and Stilton cheese, as my waist line can testify.
YE OLD PORK PIE shop is good. there is a Butcher Knapps that dose a nice pie. Trouble is Melton is a shadow of its former self. there was a time when on Market day, Tuesday, the Market place and the streets left and right were packed with stalls and with the cattle market on the same day, the town was packed with shoppers, you had to go with the flow or you were in trouble.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes not impressed by meton ,we bought one from the farm shop next to the site. Superb.

Beephee, i said morning to you, was in our Navara, and you were on the end pitch as you enter right hand side?. Noticed the Bailey as we had one. V. Nice.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm an expert on Melton pork pies and Stilton cheese, as my waist line can testify.
YE OLD PORK PIE shop is good. there is a Butcher Knapps that dose a nice pie. Trouble is Melton is a shadow of its former self. there was a time when on Market day, Tuesday, the Market place and the streets left and right were packed with stalls and with the cattle market on the same day, the town was packed with shoppers, you had to go with the flow or you were in trouble.
Hi DaveA1 . i see you like your porkpies and stilton cheese . we always enjoy Melton Mowbray and market days does make it more special .

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jezzer, I’m sorry mate, I knew someone had told me they were going to be at kettleby at same time as myself, to be honest with you, we were so chuffed with the Rimini that we spent most of the short time we were there finding out how and if, everything worked as it should which I’m happy to say everything did, we came up with a pretty short list of bits we wanted to get to make life easier as we intend to get lots of use from this van, we’ve been caravaners for something like 15 years and this is without doubt the best, no complaints with the previous 2 but the first was a 2 berth Avondale avocet which we loved and then we had a 4 berth bailey ranger with fixed bed, it was nice but the double bed was a pain if you were on the inside and needed the loo, then came this one, the Rimini ticks all the things we wanted and hasn’t come short on anything thus far, I’m self employed and I’m planning to gradually do less and get away a lot more than previously, if you go to kettleby regular Jezzer we’ll catch up eventually I’m sure.

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with Beehpee we also like fully serviced pitches and the next site we are going has them , been connected to your own tap and drain plus Tv connection is great ..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts