anybody else waiting?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ordered an elddis in october last year for a march delivery,been put back several times,now saying early july,not happy.Still not definate.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have read that some leisure vehicle companies are having difficulties ramping up their work force as they often used European short term workers. Of which quite a lot left after Brexit finally clicked in, followed by by the pandemic too.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ordered an elddis in october last year for a march delivery,been put back several times,now saying early july,not happy.Still not definate.
Hi,
We are also waiting delivery of a new van ordered last October. We don't mind the wait (couldn't use the van anyway).
We knew at the time when delivery would be - May/June and this hasn't changed.We Are due to take delivery on 1 June

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for late replies, I started this thread in anger.I rang my dealer just to make sure the van was ready for a collection at factory next Tuesday ( as this was the latest paperwork that they had) only to be told that they're now being given a date late June which means I'll collect it early July at best. Straight onto elddis customer service just to ask if factory has been shut at anytime in the last 10 months,answer no,so politely asked where the hell my van was and what was the delay,she said they've had a backlog and shortage of some parts,couldn't tell me which parts and if my van was affected.
Back onto dealer to try to pin a date down,nobody knows,apparently it is what it is,I appreciate the worldwide situation,but it's the not knowing.We have cancelled 3 trips so far,and if it's delayed anymore I might as well ask for a 2022 model.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can fully understand the frustration of having suggested delivery dates pass by without the goods actually arriving.

But I honestly don't think the dealers or the manufacturers are deliberately delaying deliveries. Unless you hadn't noticed we are going through a world wide pandemic, and it has affected most businesses. Most manufacturers have multiple suppliers of parts, and it only takes a hick up by one of then to have a knock on effect to getting the products completed out of the factory gates.

I do feel it was perhaps jumping the gun booking holidays on the basis of a delivery date which had every possibility of being delayed becasue of the pandemic.

Its going to take quite some time to get free flowing supplies of parts again so I am certain we will see an increase in the numbers of unfulfilled orders becasue of poor supplies. Its a fact of life at the moment.

Where I would blame dealers and manufacturer's about not crystal clear to customer when delays do occur. A call or a note to keep the customer in the picture to stop false hopes being generated.

I expect your order contract with the dealer includes a clause about delays due to circumstances beyond their control, and realistically you have accept teh Pandemic is one such cause..

Jumping up and down about it and making a big noise is not going to change the situation, They can't magic up the parts. Yes, register your disappointment but don't give them a reason to start to block your correspondence or calls as being aggressive or unreasonable.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Its not just Covid, we are beginning to feel the knock on effects of Brexit. These delays were bound to happen. Its bad for the customer but it must be incredibly frustrating for the manufacturers too. I wouldnt be too hard on them. However there is no excuse for lack of communication.

Reactions: PTA and JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a pre order a item from January up to now sent 32 emails talk about delays mine been stuck in transit from china and the latest update it suppose to be arriving tomorrow at present I have everything crossed ;)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It’s the total lack of communication from dealer and manufacturers. Nobody seems to be bothered, and it’s a case of it comes when it comes. When I ordered it they said we get a build date and it should be here then, I assume that possible delay are built into that date.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It’s the total lack of communication from dealer and manufacturers. Nobody seems to be bothered, and it’s a case of it comes when it comes. When I ordered it they said we get a build date and it should be here then, I assume that possible delay are built into that date.
I would keep pestering them they soon get your order good luck (y)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It could be as simple as delays to chips as even caravans have simple ones.
A friend in Canberra has ordered a new Subaru Outback and earliest delivery is November. My grandson has ordered a Hilux for the business and again earliest delivery is February 2022.
But poor communication to keep a customer updated is bad.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Sounds like they're all doing the same-car industry and salesmen too-have read of all sorts of silly things going on-Brexit, The blocked canal and Covid seem to have created the perfect storm but a straight honest answer seems hard to get!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like they're all doing the same-car industry and salesmen too-have read of all sorts of silly things going on-Brexit, The blocked canal and Covid seem to have created the perfect storm but a straight honest answer seems hard to get!
We were told that a delay to our new AEG and Bosch appliances fir the kitchen upgrades at our daughters and here was because they we stuck in the Suez Canal. But they are all made in Poland or Hungary. But wherever they were a quick rant on Twitter got it sorted for the last item required. The rant was on Tuesday and I was offered delivery the next day. Those container ships must have a good turn of speed. 😀

Reactions: Brasso530
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Before Cv19 hit (back in the old days) we were going to swap our van. Obviously things changed for us all.
We went to the local dealer a few weeks back to see what was available.
They have no new stock, the next new vans are due around Christmas time, their explanation is the lack of plastics.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were told that a delay to our new AEG and Bosch appliances fir the kitchen upgrades at our daughters and here was because they we stuck in the Suez Canal. But they are all made in Poland or Hungary. But wherever they were a quick rant on Twitter got it sorted for the last item required. The rant was on Tuesday and I was offered delivery the next day. Those container ships must have a good turn of speed. 😀
I don"t think the container ship coming from china has ;)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As mentioned due to pandemic many that were doing piece work left probably due to no security. The Suez incident is being used by many for missing parts even though the parts are made in Europe. Apparently Elddis have over 200 caravans sitting on their premises waiting certain parts due to shut down of many factories on the continent.

Reactions: Brasso530
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid I agree with Buckman. There is a shortage of some arts and it does seem that the caravan builders have been caught out by this. Frankly they want the caravans out as soon as possible as those sold but not ready are costing them large sums of money siting there.
I do agree with the Prof though that both Eldiss and the dealers could have done better by keeping you informed of the problem.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I assume that possible delay are built into that date.
I have worked in businesses where even under normal conditions some manufacturing processes can be temperamental and where that is a possibility the manufacturer should have enough information to allow for that possibility in any completion date.

But In this case, the conditions are not normal we are in a global pandemic, and as Thingy points out we are also having to deal with the effects of Brexit. In just the same way the caravan manufacture may have experienced a delay on some items, each of their suppliers may have their own difficulties with their respective suppliers. We are in a period of great unknown's, and so are the rest of the world. No manufacturer could have predicted the effects we have seen.

Just consider this - if an appliance manufacture needed a washer with a special plating for a safety critical purpose in their product, but the washer supplier cannot get hold of the raw material for the plating - the washer supplier cant supply the washer, the appliance manufacture cannot complete the appliance and it cannot be fitted into a caravan. result the caravan cannot be completed or sold for the want of a washer.

It's things like this that interrupt production lines, and we are seeing similar issues in many different industries. Car manufactures cannot get the microprocessors they need to make some cars, Builders cannot get several of their basic supplies. and so on.

I do sympathise with your non delivery, and the industry should be letting its customers know sooner about delays. but why should you get your caravan just becasue you shout the loudest? there will be others who ordered before you who will still be waiting.

Please just be patient, your not the only one to having trouble getting important deliveries.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Siting back in the local pub this afternoon talking to a Greensman from Woburn Golf course, he said that a lot of earth, sand and aggregates are in short supply, due to the HS2 project,

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not caravan related but today we went to view flooring for our kitchen refurbishment and it is a 16 week delivery once selected. Our daughter who started her kitchen refurbishment today ordered hers some weeks back and that was 10 week delivery. I dare not ask the company what their availability is for fitting but the chap said “ we can fit after the kitchen is completed and you should be up and running for Christmas lunch” Joking? I know not.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And you guys should worry! Saturdays Press says a well known Pizza house is desperately looking for 5000 new employees. As Lockdown has receded so have their staff returned to their day jobs🤪🤪🤪🤪

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts