Anyone tow with a Golf GTTDi 150BHP (Saloon) ????????

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Does anyone out there tow with a Golf GT TDI?

Ours is a 2004 MK4 150BHP model , we were thinking of changing it as think we'l be very limited as to what we can tow apart from a 2 berth but as its only done 28,000 from when we bought it new so it seems a shame.Its so economical to run and great to drive etc.

Been told the curb weight is 1400kg anyone know if this is correct, and would love to hear from anyone who has similar as a tow car and what they tow with it.

We currently tow a t/a with a 4x4 but want to sell that so caravan also will have to be changed, just dont want to make the wrong decision.

Vicki

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The only way you will get a truly reliable figure for the kerbweight of your car is to either look into the V5c certificate or to have it weighed. Any data that you may get from other sources can be treated only as a rough guideline because kerbweight is specific to each and every car.

If my data is correct, the maximum permissible towload for a Golf 4 TDI is 1400kg.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The only way you will get a truly reliable figure for the kerbweight of your car is to either look into the V5c certificate or to have it weighed. Any data that you may get from other sources can be treated only as a rough guideline because kerbweight is specific to each and every car.

If my data is correct, the maximum permissible towload for a Golf 4 TDI is 1400kg.
Hi, Thanks for that i must be daft hadnt thought to look at the V5!!

Just looked it says unladen weight is 1340kg so i suppose that means we can safely pull about 1140 at 85% when a caravan is fully loaded so would only be a fairly light 2 berth i think.

I know you can go more than that and my husband has towed for years but as a rule prob best to keep to something small with it as you always take so much stuff with you that bumps the weight up.

Perhaps it will have to go as planned and will get an Audi estate!!

Thanks again Vicki

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com

Be aware that any payload that you put into the car will only improve the weight ratio.

Jun 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Vicki

Can.t help you entirely with the towing weights and no doubt Lutz is correct but on the engine size we have a 2004 Touran 2.0 Tdi which pulls a 1500kg Fleetwood heritage and the engine is the same as yours (147Bhp) we get around 32mpg whilst towing and 42 mpg solo.

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Vicki

Can.t help you entirely with the towing weights and no doubt Lutz is correct but on the engine size we have a 2004 Touran 2.0 Tdi which pulls a 1500kg Fleetwood heritage and the engine is the same as yours (147Bhp) we get around 32mpg whilst towing and 42 mpg solo.
Thanks tom, think its just the cars weight that will be a prob, shame but think its got to go, Vicki

TRENDING THREADS