AQUAROLL HOSE

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Good morning all,

Has any one got a trick how i can keep my pump hose to the bottom of the aqua roll, is these something i can buy to stop it surfacing .

Cheers,

Brian.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Using three cable ties fix the tube to something clean like a natural garden cane, bit of aluminium tube [B&Q] or stiff plastic tube like home brewing shops sell for syphoning drop in tubes.

Clearly avoid any canes treated with fungicide. Best cut a growing one.

Edit: if it is just the tube without a pump at the end then use an off cut of white ABS plastic drain pipe.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
If your van has an internal pump and your pick-up pipe has just a removeable (unscrew) filter on the end, get a length of white water pipe, remove the filter, stick the small pipe down the large pipe and replace the filter. The large pipe needs to have a big enough ID that the screw assembly on the end of the flexible pipe will fit down it, and it needs to be long enough that it holds the filter at the bottom of the Aquaroll and fits just under the lip at the top of the barrel.
Despite what it shows in the catalogue, you can buy an individual 2m length of pipe from Toolstation.
If the pump is external its own weight should hold it at the bottom.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi our van has onboard pump with whale aquasmart carbon filter I have cut the filter to remove the carbon then glued back together to keep the debris filter to keep the empty canister at bottom of aquaroll I have put 3x 22mm brass nuts on the pipe I got of a local plumber

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I had some left over plastic pipe which I use to fill the Aquaroll. I cut a length to the internal height of the Aquaroll, put a slit all the way down to feed the pick up pipe into and that keeps the blue strainer thing from floating and sucking air.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I had a length of 12mm water grade pipe. cut to just under the depth of my 40ltr barrel, then fixed it to the pickup pipe, always sits on bottom now.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We just took the filter off, added some stainless rings on the pipe and put the filter back on. Could use anything that won't corrode just to weight the end down. Initially whilst away and in frustration we just tied a stainless dinner knife to the tube with string, that worked fine for two weeks!

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
We just took the filter off, added some stainless rings on the pipe and put the filter back on. Could use anything that won't corrode just to weight the end down. Initially whilst away and in frustration we just tied a stainless dinner knife to the tube with string, that worked fine for two weeks!
Hi,
We did something similar,we have an on board pump,the end that goes into the aquaroll has a filter at the end.We took out the filter and threw it away and put glass marbles into the filter housing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts