Aquaroll security

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
During summer a colleague of mine went to France and woke one morning to find he had no water through the caravan taps, his Aquaroll had been stolen, the handle had gone with it. Is there any way of securing an Aquaroll to prevent this and are there any suggestions to allow the owner to recognise their specfic item on a site where there may be dozens in use.

The same could apply to rolling waste water carriers.

I am not suggesting that it is a regular occurance but it has got me wondering as they are quite expensive and easy to steal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony - others on the forum have suggested using a bicycle lock through the handle of the Aquaroll & waste container then through the steady - provided they're close enough. Some scroats will pinch anything eh?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
tony, i have a plastic coated steel cable with eyelets at both ends that i put throw both handles,waste and fresh then around chassis and padlock together,

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Tony - from what I am hearing, the theft of our aquarolls is getting more and more common. Especially the newer ones with the larger hole and additional filler on the side. They are appearing in car boot sales more and more often. To prevent theft I have bought a long bicycle chain and pass it through the handle (or both the handles if I use 2)I also pass this long chain through one of the chassis holes as well. I know it is a pain to keep unlocking it every time but aquarolls are getting quite expensive now. p.s. I would love to catch someone in the act but they probably operate at night when we are asleep or duing the day when we are off site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts