At long last

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Have at last been able to book 6 nights at a CL in Norfolk. What with doctors, blood test and Dentist appointments, and then, when we did get a free few nights free in Feb, it started blowing a force 10 gale, not one but three, what can possibly go wrong before the 7th of April.
Dear dear me! WW111, perhaps, car due for service that week, repair maybe needed, ence the mid week booking,
Getting really depressed now.
One thing (small thing) cheered me up a bit. went down to the van to start my pre journey checks, I had left a salt pot in there, laying at the back of the top shelf, since mid Nov., thinking it would be solid after so long, was pleased to see it was as dry as the day we filled it, van as dry as a bone....... It's a good un.
looking forward to it now.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Dear dear me! WW111, perhaps, car due for service that week, repair maybe needed, hence the mid week booking,
If WW3 servicing the car would be the least of my worries as probably none us will have any worries by then! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DaveA1
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are the same, everything now clear, wifes birthday, 4th April , dentist 12th April, so we have a weeks window, now decision, The Goat Inn Norfolk, or Bridge Villa, Wallingford.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
We have booked for the 8/04 since December and in the last week my wife has had numerous appointments for hospital which we have had to to say cannot do , give us another date and blow me down two of them was for our May holiday. She has only been waiting since October 21 for them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are the same, everything now clear, wifes birthday, 4th April , dentist 12th April, so we have a weeks window, now decision, The Goat Inn Norfolk, or Bridge Villa, Wallingford.
Have a nice time if you decide to go for a break at the sites suggested

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Have at last been able to book 6 nights at a CL in Norfolk. What with doctors, blood test and Dentist appointments, and then, when we did get a free few nights free in Feb, it started blowing a force 10 gale, not one but three, what can possibly go wrong before the 7th of April.
Dear dear me! WW111, perhaps, car due for service that week, repair maybe needed, ence the mid week booking,
One thing (small thing) cheered me up a bit. went down to the van to start my pre journey checks, I had left a salt pot in there, laying at the back of the top shelf, since mid Nov., thinking it would be solid after so long, was pleased to see it was as dry as the day we filled it, van as dry as a bone....... It's a good un.
I hope you have nice relaxing time in Norfolk (y)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We have booked for the 8/04 since December and in the last week my wife has had numerous appointments for hospital which we have had to to say cannot do , give us another date and blow me down two of them was for our May holiday. She has only been waiting since October 21 for them.
We had a bad year, a couple of years ago, wife going through a lot of dental work, myself, different ENT appointments, we were managing only to get away for about three days at a time.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems you are the same as me, ring and book when I'm sure of a clear few days, very rarely book multiple breaks. Only booked this trip to Norfolk yesterday for the 7th April near Fakenham. \Around about 95 miles from Melton, Just " a nice stretch of the legs" as they say.

P.S Have our Golden Wedding coming up on the 11th May have nothing booked. Would like to go Cornwall, will ring down to see as things become clear, particularly how Carol feels, she's up and down just lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been told of two sites near Fakenham, The Green Man at little Snoring and the old Brick Kilns, just a little bit further over by 5 miles.

Yes just last minute booking for us, as well.
Enjoy.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been told of two sites near Fakenham, The Green Man at little Snoring and the old Brick Kilns, just a little bit further over by 5 miles.

Yes just last minute booking for us, as well.
Enjoy.
Yes have looked at them. Booked in at White House, Wood Norton, About 6 miles S, W of Fakenham Out in the sticks, lovley. The owner will be waiting for his Melton Mowbray pork pie. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Beachball and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes have looked at them. Booked in at White House, Wood Norton, About 6 miles S, W of Fakenham Out in the sticks, lovley. The owner will be waiting for his Melton Mowbray pork pie. :)
Just look at that site you going looks really nice and very reasonable but we prefer fully service pitches and TV hook-up it called Church Farm Cottages CL Lower Gresham there last year :)

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just look at that site you going looks really nice and very reasonable but we prefer fully service pitches and TV hook-up it called Church Farm Cottages CL Lower Gresham there last year :)
Price gone up to £16 a night for obvious reasons. Still not bad though.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just returned from three weeks away Northumberland.If WW3 is likely we may well hitch up and hide somewhere in Sutherland, so a car service may be a good move 😉. Knee replacement on Monday so no touring for a while. But whilst I have booked for September SWMBO has now booked end of June
at Westacott Farm N Devon. Trying not to let health things get in the way

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just returned from three weeks away Northumberland.If WW3 is likely we may well hitch up and hide somewhere in Sutherland, so a car service may be a good move 😉. Knee replacement on Monday so no touring for a while. But whilst I have booked for September SWMBO has now booked end of June
at Westacott Farm N Devon. Trying not to let health things get in the way
Hope the op goes well. Friend of ours has had two hips and a knee in the last two years. Amazing the difference they have made to her mobility. On waiting list for second knee. All done via NHS at private hospital in Bath.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hope the op goes well. Friend of ours has had two hips and a knee in the last two years. Amazing the difference they have made to her mobility. On waiting list for second knee. All done via NHS at private hospital in Bath.
Thanks Clive, Mine‘s being done at the Bath Knee Clinic too at NHS expense!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Irony is we had Feee Bupa at work. Never needed , but paid tax on it. Now retired they don’t want to know so back to the great NHS👏👏
I know, similar, had nose problems, should have done it done before I retired through company health care. But too much Company loyalty orientated. After retirment, took 3 years of wonderfull NHS, Swiss Army Knife work, to get my nose. SATIS.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Dave I'm the opposite, booked to go away in April with no health issues, or so I thought! until this week, have had to have two doctors appointment's, now waiting for a hospital appointment and another doctors appointment on the day before we are booked to go away.
Oh and I need a dentist visit next week so got to try and squeeze that one in.
But look on the bright side as there are many others in this world at this particular time much worst off than us.

Reactions: DaveA1 and Buckman
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Dave I'm the opposite, booked to go away in April with no health issues, or so I thought! until this week, have had to have two doctors appointment's, now waiting for a hospital appointment and another doctors appointment on the day before we are booked to go away.
Oh and I need a dentist visit next week so got to try and squeeze that one in.
But look on the bright side as there are many others in this world at this particular time much worst off than us.
Hi Kev i am hope you have a nice time when you go and good luck at your appointments ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts