Awning Advice - Vango Tuscany vs Florence

Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
We are new to caravaning and would like peoples views on the above two awnings. The florence is a seasonal awning and tuscany is more for weekend / weeks away, we will not be leaving the awning up for more than a couple of weeks.

At the moment there is minimal price difference between the two and on paper the weight is the same. The question is why wouldn't I go with the Florence which is going to be more robust? Would the pitch and pack times be significantly different.

Would welcome peoples thoughts

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, usually on a seasonal awning you would find steel poles, which are heavy. The best poles for touring are IXL or Carbon fibre which are very light and supposedley as strong as steel. Im not familiar with either awning, who makes them? They may even be air awnings, so ignore the pole info if they are.

With awnings, you get what you pay for. If you want it to last, get the best you can afford. Remember, a full awning is the exact sixe for your caravan, whereas a large porch awning should be transferrable to another caravan.

Aug 11, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. They are both air awnings, I'm coming from camping where I have had an air tent for a while and get on with well, that is why I have tended towards air awnings but happy to consider anything.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
You will find air awnings are a marmite job, some love them, others wouldnt have "another" one if it was free. Im afraid Im in the latter camp after two bad experiences with air awnings. TBH, I find awnings with a carbon fibre pole set just as easy to put up as air, and are far more reliable.

Im very much in the Isabella camp but they are expensive. I have always had Isabella except for 2 Kampa Rally Air Pro, and had issues with both of them.

We use an Isabella magnum porch awning, whihc is big enough for us, and if the grandkids come, we put the tall annex on and use it as awning space rather than a bedroom and in truth it gives us the space of a full awning.

Reactions: Bluetonic
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
You will find air awnings are a marmite job, some love them, others wouldnt have "another" one if it was free. Im afraid Im in the latter camp after two bad experiences with air awnings. TBH, I find awnings with a carbon fibre pole set just as easy to put up as air, and are far more reliable.

Im very much in the Isabella camp but they are expensive. I have always had Isabella except for 2 Kampa Rally Air Pro, and had issues with both of them.

We use an Isabella magnum porch awning, whihc is big enough for us, and if the grandkids come, we put the tall annex on and use it as awning space rather than a bedroom and in truth it gives us the space of a full awning.
Likewise, we have an Isabella Magnum with the carbon poles. It's up in about 20-30 minutes in good weather. 14 years on it still looks almost new and has taken a hammering on some North Devon coastal holidays!
It just got used as a bit of a garage though so the last two years it hasn't been used and stuff lives under the van.
It's so much nicer not having to use an awning and deal with a wet awning after a damp bank holiday

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts