Awning fixings

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi Folks

Only slightly more than a week to go till we head for France and i have a new and interesting problem.

My wife bought a second hand awning. A trio elegance from what the manual says.

I came with a strange assortment of poles and fittings.

The awning itself is fine but all i have to secure it at the caravan side is three suckers on the end of the poles. there are two other poles with hooks on the end.

The suckers don't seem to work too well and from doing a bit of research i now know that one of the reasons i've been hit on the head by a falling pole is that the awning doesn't have any material loops to keep them up when the sucker detach.

So I've been looking at various ways of sorting this out and i think i'd like to replace the suckers with hooks like the other poles and then sew some w4 awning pads to the awning to slot the hooks into.

I'm not sure if i should go ahead though as this is a new issue and unrelated to anything else i've done with the caravan.

I was thinking about using the little brackets that you screw to the side of the van but I've read a few things about having to put them in specifically strengthened locations and I've not been able to find out where they are on our van.

Would very much appreciate some advice chaps.

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the response.

No there's no extra bead but i thought maybe the w4 sew on ones are probably the closest thing to actually having the extra bead.

My wife is concerned that the sew on ones wont hold the weight of the poles but my understanding is that once the poles are hooked into the pads and tension is set that the pad will press against the side of the van and hold the pole in place that way?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts